Visa

Hi

I applied for and received a visa from the Thai Ebassy in Vietnam. I was told that I could only get a 2 month tourist visa. When I went to fetch my passport the visa that was issued is valid for 90 days. When I enter Thailand do I point this out to the officer? I have been told that I need to make sure that the stamp that a receive is for the same period as the visa that I already have in my passport.

Thanks

Hi

I applied for and received a visa from the Thai Ebassy in Vietnam.  I was told that I could only get a 2 month tourist visa.  When I went to fetch my passport the visa that was issued is valid for 90 days.  When I enter Thailand do I point this out to the officer?  I have been told that I need to make sure that the stamp that a receive is for the same period as the visa that I already have in my passport.

Thanks

your entry will be valid for a full 60 days plus you can get a 30 day extension of stay. if your tourist visa is single entry, then it can be used just once and you just need to enter thailand before it expires.

As Huski points out you will get 60 days stay on arrival.........the 90 days on your visa at present is only the time you have to enter Thailand from the date the visa was issued at the Thai Embassy/Consulate in Vietnam.....i.e it is the visas validity period.