Change Screen On Ibm R51

batami

Hi there

I have two IBM R51 notebooks, approximately the same vintage - i.e. three years old.

On one R51 there are now two thin blue vertical lines appearing on the screen; they are always there and signs of bad things to come. about six months ago there was one (thin), it got bigger - now maybe 2mm wide and it has been joined by another 1mm wide.

I have another R51 where the mother board is no good - according to IBM (!) so i was thinking that i could take the top part (includngthe screen) from the dodgy mother board model and replace the one on the machine I currently use - have new screen, no lines.....

.... if only I know how.

Anyone out there done this and / or can provide some useful advice.

many thanks in advance

any even slightly competent electronics tech should have no problems changing a screen on a laptop - just a certain amount of care and understanding how electronics connectors come apart.

though if you took it to some where like panthip you could get it done and then sell the leftover bits to them.

any even slightly competent electronics tech should have no problems changing a screen on a laptop - just a certain amount of care and understanding how electronics connectors come apart.

though if you took it to some where like panthip you could get it done and then sell the leftover bits to them.

Stumonster - a good idea; i like the bit about selling them the rest of it..... (almost self financing) I will try Pantip in CM

cheers

B