Double Entry T.v. Vietiane - On A Monday!

Just met a friend back from Vientiane and he was given a double-entry tourist (his 4th in a row, but first from Laos,others Vietnam,Penang). He was told though that he could'nt extend the first though but to leave the country after 60 days - same day reentry o.k. This was Monday last, supposedly a difficult day to get this. No rhyme nor reason to t.v.'s it seems!! If anyone wants, I'll ask him if he minds putting the stamp on this site. (i've seen it - did'nt believe him!

Just read that and should clarify it was his second double entry the other two being singles.

You should change the title of your thread. The Thai Consulate in Penang will definitely not be giving out double entry tourist visas.

Just met a friend back from Vientiane and he was given a double-entry tourist (his 4th in a row, but first from Laos,others Vietnam,Penang). He was told though that he could'nt extend the first though but to leave the country after 60 days - same day reentry o.k. This was Monday last, supposedly a difficult day to get this. No rhyme nor reason to t.v.'s it seems!! If anyone wants, I'll ask him if he minds putting the stamp on this site. (i've seen it - did'nt believe him!

a Japanese friend of mine got the double entry visa in June, he extented the visa for 30days , but he had to get his second entry activated right after the extension as the visa is valid for 3 month only.

Lately it has been reported that it is gamble/luck to get this visa, may be too many were asking for it.

Edited by visarunner

Perhaps if it was the person's first ever tourist visa it would be possible in Penang, but with a history of tourist visas in one's passport it won't happen.

Edited by tropo

Perhaps if it was the person's first ever tourist visa it would be possible in Penang, but with a history of tourist visas in one's passport it won't happen.

They didn't even bother looking into my passport last time I applied for a tourist visa in Penang (in early Oct. 2007). Told me that only a single is possible, only having checked my application form.

Edited by 7

They didn't even bother looking into my passport last time I applied for a tourist visa in Penang (in early Oct. 2007). Told me that only a single is possible, only having checked my application form.

So you've confirmed that they don't issue doubles, but they would have have had a good look through your passport before they issued your TV. They don't make the decisions when you hand in your application form.

Tropo,

You seem quite pessimistic about all things visa-wise. Any reason? Perhaps some of us are just lucky but personally have never been refused a visa anywhere anytime or asked any questions at all. I don't know but I suspect age comes into all this. I am 45 (look 39!) and I am convinced that this has a part to play. (read something along the lines of "this guy must have money:he's clean,well-dressed,40 ish, and isn't on our wanted list!).

Tropo,

You seem quite pessimistic about all things visa-wise. Any reason? Perhaps some of us are just lucky but personally have never been refused a visa anywhere anytime or asked any questions at all. I don't know but I suspect age comes into all this. I am 45 (look 39!) and I am convinced that this has a part to play. (read something along the lines of "this guy must have money:he's clean,well-dressed,40 ish, and isn't on our wanted list!).

Well done for looking so respectful.

Here's some details you should consider:

1. I'm older than you are and present very well but it's good news that you too look younger than your real age. This point however is irrelevant as I don't personally front up at the consulate.

2. I've never been refused a visa....yet.

3. I also haven't received a warning stamp yet, but my GF did...and she's also well-dressed and respectful. This probably has something to do with my using a brand new passport.

3. This is not pessimism, but reality. They are giving warning stamps in Penang...this is a fact.

4. Go ahead and continue with your head-in-the-sand attitude and remain optimistic....it's your choice.

I will explore other visa options before it's too late.

post-34982-1193757331_thumb.jpg

Tropo,

Well done for looking so respectful.

Here's some details you should consider:

1. I'm older than you are and present very well but it's good news that you too look younger than your real age. This point however is irrelevant as I don't personally front up at the consulate.

2. I've never been refused a visa....yet.

3. I also haven't received a warning stamp yet, but my GF did...and she's also well-dressed and respectful. This probably has something to do with my using a brand new passport.

3. This is not pessimism, but reality. They are giving warning stamps in Penang...this is a fact.

4. Go ahead and continue with your head-in-the-sand attitude and remain optimistic....it's your choice.

I will explore other visa options before it's too late.

post-34982-1193757331_thumb.jpg

Head-in-the sand? . I was just speaking from experience and saying that I don't see the need to panic.I'll report from Vientiane in December when I fully expect a double entry t.v or at least a single. Warning stamps I have seen and would'nt be suprised if I received one either. If no visa, I'll take my head (sand and all) to our flat in Tokyo or house in England.I'd just rather stay here though.

Head-in-the sand? . I was just speaking from experience and saying that I don't see the need to panic.I'll report from Vientiane in December when I fully expect a double entry t.v or at least a single. Warning stamps I have seen and would'nt be suprised if I received one either. If no visa, I'll take my head (sand and all) to our flat in Tokyo or house in England.I'd just rather stay here though.

Ok, so in fact you are also seemingly "pessimistic" too. Like you, I'm not panicking...but WE would rather stay here if possible.

Right now Laos would seem to be the final frontier for tourist visas.

I remember back some months ago tropo was more or less an optimist and I the pessimist on this tourist visa/visa exempt situation. Obviously tropo has now experienced what I believed was coming and thus has changed to a realist that the situation may well be grim. I certainly hope that things get better but no way to fault tropo's current views on the situation.

I don't fault Tropo's view otherwise I would'nt started the originial optimistic thread re: double-entry visas are being issued in Vientiane,if not to all then at least to some.A ray of hope perhaps amongst the angst and uncertanties.

But you titled this thread: Double Entry T.v. Penang - On A Monday!

I don't fault Tropo's view otherwise I would'nt started the originial optimistic thread re: double-entry visas are being issued in Vientiane,if not to all then at least to some.A ray of hope perhaps amongst the angst and uncertanties.

And????:

Tropo is totally dialed in. I have the same information plus I think a bit more at this point from Thai sources; but i did get some excellent info from a contact of his.

You can take what he posts to the bank - pessimistic or not. Thailand is not for pollyanna's - never was. If people are getting visas here and there its based on a number of factors I think you all can surmise - but boiled down...luck has much to do with it.

Too much gossip and third party stories on this forum

PS: when you front at an emb/consulate they just take your pp/paperwork and say little or nothing. If you front in Penang they will look at your cash first - if it's for more than single/one they will simply deny you. That seems to be the history.

Edited by luumak

And????:

Isn't it obvious. They way you worded the title indicates that you got a double entry TV from Penang - on a Monday!

Just for the record, I got a triple-entry TV from Penang last year in August, so a timeline is an important consideration when speaking of tourist visas.

Edited by tropo

And????:

You title the post "Double Enry T.v. Penang - On A Monday!", Then in the text of the post you tell how your friend just got one from Vientiane on a Monday. Last time I checked Penang and Vientiane are not the same place and aren't even in the same country.

Um- Tropo. Look back to the original thread title and you will see that it is VIENTIANE that I am talking about - not Penang. Whether anyone can "take your advice to the bank" would be in the decision making of the person who decides to do so. Personally, I would'nt, as I'm sure you would'nt take mine. I am not a last word merchant and have no more to say on this except I posted the thread in the hopes that it could give people who go to Laos and just apply for a single entry visa thinking the double is impossible, the realisation that it is indeed possible. That's all, nothing less.

Right Lop! Think you are right as usual. That would explain some of the confusion and my mistake then. However, the info stays the same and I hope that those who want to stay longer than 60 days but think they can't, do try and apply for the double-entry visa in.................................................VIENTIANE! (got it right!).

On October 22 (a Monday) in Vientiane I got a Tourist Visa, category "TR", 2 entries. (2000 baht).

I entered Thailand October 24 and am admitted until December 22. On the visa it says enter before January 21, 2008.

I would like to extend at immigration on December 22 stay another week or so, then leave Thailand and reenter before January 21 to use the second entry. Would the extension nullify the second entry? Has anyone any experience doing this?

You can extend the first entry and as long as you enter again before the 21st you will still get a second entry. But be aware the 30 day extension does not seem to be as automatic as previously and some are only getting 7 days if they do not have proof of onward travel at the end of the 30 day requested extension of stay. This seems to be reported from Pattaya often lately.

You can extend the first entry and as long as you enter again before the 21st you will still get a second entry. But be aware the 30 day extension does not seem to be as automatic as previously and some are only getting 7 days if they do not have proof of onward travel at the end of the 30 day requested extension of stay. This seems to be reported from Pattaya often lately.

It is Lop - but not in Bangkok, I have'nt heard of anyone being questioned on a 30 day tourist extension at Suan Phlu, and I meet enough people in this situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Vientiane two days ago, tuesday 13/11. Asked TR with double entry and man outside said it is ok, 2000b but visa is valid only 3 moths so second entry must be in this time. Do I understand this? It was ok for me, next I went inside the building for payment. In my turn I gave 2000b and said:"two entry, please" Women behind the counter said: "only one, 1000b" We talk a little while (or she talk) and she said if I show 800 000b in thaibank she give me double entry. That's it, she not listened anything, only want see money and then I can have double.

Show 800 000b for double entry TR? :o

Edited by hullupullo

I was in Vientiane two days ago, tuesday 13/11. Asked TR with double entry and man outside said it is ok, 2000b but visa is valid only 3 moths so second entry must be in this time. Do I understand this? It was ok for me, next I went inside the building for payment. In my turn I gave 2000b and said:"two entry, please" Women behind the counter said: "only one, 1000b" We talk a little while (or she talk) and she said if I show 800 000b in thaibank she give me double entry. That's it, she not listened anything, only want see money and then I can have double.

Wow, that's a new spin! I plan to chuck my wifes platinum amex card at 'em and hope for the best!

Wow, that's a new spin! I plan to chuck my wifes platinum amex card at 'em and hope for the best!

Monday 26/11, I will apply for a double entry TR and later post a report.

Btw, can someone confirm if it's possible to get a Lao visa on arrival at the Friendship Bridge ? If yes how much does it cost ? (Do they accept Thai bahts ?)

Edited by adjan jb