The Avenue Mall Pattaya, Its Like Copacabana!

Jingthing

Anyone noticed the terrible din coming out of Califirnia Wow ?

Why do they do that ?

Had a look in the door the other day, full of pretty girls in the waiting area,

none of whom looked like they could heft a large economy bottle of shampoo

far less do any real training ... Guess they only join to be "seen".

Naka.

Edited by naka

Wandered 'round there yesterday.

I agree the Bossa Nova sounds a little surrealistic but very cool!

It is laid out a little confusingly but once they get the rest of the shops open and the construction finished it looks like it might be a winner.

Can you imagine there is an Apple store in there? Weird but very upscale positioning. Mega cool giant Apple Dsiplay LCD Monitor in the window.

The fountains stunk like an excessive amount of chlorine. Phew.

Watch the Car Park guys. I had drinks with a friend next door, did my shopping at left at 1:15am. It took THREE guys to work out how much I owed, as the first one trying to overcharge. I did not care about not being allowed my one hour free for shopping, thinking of it as a "Take car of my car" tip, until another guy ran up to me as I was driving out.

Told him I had paid and pointed to the other collecter, but twice he insisted I paid again. Having annoyed me, I went back to the first collector and asked for the shopping hour to be repaid. As I said, it took 3 guys to work it out and all of their fingers (They were litereally counting on their fingers)

Check the entry time on your ticket, your leaving time and work it out before they run at you, as they do. Why not wait at the sentry box like other car park, or are they on commision only wages?

The MegaBowl is great! The paving design as you come off 2nd Rd is crazy, with wide areas of grass that you can't help step on. Even when it's not raining they are mud pools!

It certainly is crazy paving and poorly thought out. I reckon the areas around the large stone slabs will have to be filled in.

Watch the Car Park guys. I had drinks with a friend next door, did my shopping at left at 1:15am. It took THREE guys to work out how much I owed, as the first one trying to overcharge. I did not care about not being allowed my one hour free for shopping, thinking of it as a "Take car of my car" tip, until another guy ran up to me as I was driving out.

Agreed. I went there with a friend to have lunch at the Au Bon Pain and to shop at Villa. Au Bon Pain stamped our parking ticket, then at Villa, they stamped it again to make sure we would not be charged for parking, as between the two of us, spent about 6,000 baht there.

Lo and behold, the parking attendants tried to finagle parking money out of us even after seeing the validated ticket - they wanted 40 baht because we were there for over an hour. I told them I would not pay because our ticket was validated from Villa... they still wanted 40 baht and said "You still pay". It was then I gave him the finger and drove out of the parking lot.

I talked to the manager of Villa, and she assured me that the parking attendants will get a good tongue lashing.

Because it's difficult to get your full shopping trolley up to the multi story carpark without any lifts.

Translation: Because it's difficult to get your full shopping cart up the multi-story parking garage without any elevators.

[sorry, but It's rare I come across a sentence with so many Britishisms so close together. Forgive me :o]

Had a look in the door the other day, full of pretty girls in the waiting area,

none of whom looked like they could heft a large economy bottle of shampoo

far less do any real training ... Guess they only join to be "seen".

This is a problem, to you, how, exactly?

Another business idea:

A no frills farang market with the most popular farang staples for half the price of even Foodland.

No service. Bare bones staff. Poorly air conditioned. In an ugly warehouse. Rude cashiers. Only people with severe skin disorders and other picturesque deformities working there. No Sawatdee Khraps. No smiles. Daily bathing not encouraged. Smilers get fired.

I like Villa and all the other ones, but sometimes I just want to buy a case of Grape Nuts at a bargain price!

It would be easy enough for an employee at any farang market to know which exactly are the most high volume items, and stock only those items.

Any funny ideas for this new concept market?

How about:

Farang U Buy

Charlie Mart

Edited by Jingthing