What Happened To The October Air?

barrysandal

What is happening to the high season air? It looks like March! I have been in CM for four years and I have never seen this before. Someone suggested to me that it is coming down from China. The air is too terrible to be coming from the tuk tuks and song thaews, though they have been belching a more opaque smoke this year than usual. The air should be pristine.

Is that air pollution (smoke, etc.) or just the weather? I can barely see Doi Suthep from my front step now, after being gone a week. It looks like fog, though.

I think it's just the weather. I live in a rural area near Nan with no industry and very few cars and the visibility here is terrible at the moment - about like last March when we had the smoke from the forest fires.

A government meteoroligist spokesperson was quoted in the Bangkok Post several days ago as saying that the hazes are caused by a cold front from China mixing with the hot air.

So if it's in the Bangkok Post and verified by the govt. then it must be true, LOL.........

It's smoke, my sinuses never lie.

"They" are raking up all their crap as fast as they can and burning it like they do every time we get 3 or 4 dry days in a row.

There's folks in Phuket who think the same as you and really, truly, it's not the case. Visit the thread, it's a Thailand thing right now.

It's haze, not pollution, IMHO.... :o

Absolutely , pretty normal though , I stay at home right now slightly more to the North in Chiangdao

and you can always feel it coming here first , Chiangmai is just starting .

The Fog I mean , the cold season is starting !

But also in some areas burning is going on as well , the Op could be right at the spot where he stays .

It's smoke, my sinuses never lie.

"They" are raking up all their crap as fast as they can and burning it like they do every time we get 3 or 4 dry days in a row.

There's folks in Phuket who think the same as you and really, truly, it's not the case. Visit the thread, it's a Thailand thing right now.

When this fog happened last month in the middle of rainy season you assumed it was smoke, which it wasn't. Now that it's happened in Phuket too it must be fog. Of course it's fog!