Post Settlement Visa Issues

Am planning for my new life post my marriage & application for my wife to be`s settlement visa.

Help

Can my wife work in the UK during the 2 year period?

I have a house in Thailand which I visit frequently does my wife have to spend a certain amount of time in the UK during the two years ?

I read that its is important to travel immediately from the date of the visa otherwise the 2 years will be eroded & ?? another visa needed??

I read that we have to retain certain documents during the 2 years????

After the two years to get ILR will she have to pass citizenship exams etc ?

Where is the best source of information on these particular matters ?

I want to be able to spend maybe half our time in Uk & half in Thailand is this possible during the two years??

Thanks guys

Can my wife work in the UK during the 2 year period?
See also How do I qualify to join my unmarried or same-sex partner in the UK?:
At first, you will be allowed to stay and work in the UK for two years.
I have a house in Thailand which I visit frequently does my wife have to spend a certain amount of time in the UK during the two years ?
See also Chapter 8 - Family members, Section 1 - Spouses:
4.5. Further guidance

There is no specific requirement in the Rules that the entire probationary period must be spent in the United Kingdom. For example, where an applicant has spent a limited period outside of the United Kingdom in connection with his employment, this should not count against him. However, if he has spent the majority of the period overseas, there may be reason to doubt that all the requirements of the Rules have been met. Each case must be judged on its merits, taking into account reasons for travel, length of absences and whether the applicant and sponsor travelled and lived together during the time spent outside the United Kingdom. These factors will need to be considered against the requirements of the Rules.

I read that its is important to travel immediately from the date of the visa otherwise the 2 years will be eroded & ?? another visa needed??
4.3. Delayed travel on Entry Clearances conferring leave to enter

A person who arrives with an entry clearance which has effect as leave to enter as a foreign spouse, but who has delayed their travel to the UK for some time after the "valid from" date, will be unable to complete the probationary period prior to the expiry of their conditions. Where an application for settlement is made, but the applicant does not qualify due to a delay in travel, an extension of stay should be granted to enable the probationary period to be completed. This should be calculated from the date of first arrival in the United Kingdom, when the entry clearance was activated by the Immigration Officer.

See also 8.3 - Visas and Leave to Enter and Making an application:
When to apply

You should make your application before your authorised stay in the UK runs out.. In categories where you have to complete a certain period to qualify for indefinite leave to remain in the UK, you shouldn't apply more than 28 days before you complete the relevant period. The date of application is that on which you post it or have it accepted in person at a PEO.

I read that we have to retain certain documents during the 2 years????
See also form SET(M) and guidance SET(M).
Where is the best source of information on these particular matters ?
See also 13.5 - Spouses/civil partners and how they qualify
I want to be able to spend maybe half our time in Uk & half in Thailand is this possible during the two years??
See 4.5. Further guidance above.