Where To Get Help About The Contraceptive Pill?

Bellatrix

I'm in a bit of a bind, I was taking Marvelon for years with no problems, then in the last year of it I started getting bleeding all the time, so I went to a gyno and explained that I need a pill which won't cause weight fluctuations as I'm a boxer. She put me on Meliane but it caused 2-3kg water weight gains before my period (other than that it was great). I tried going back on Marvelon this month as I have a fight in 2 weeks and have to make weight, but the same old side effects are back. I asked at 2 chemists and they recommended me Yasmin, but I've heard that can cause depression which I don't really want to chance with, where should I go to get advice? Don't think I'll have time to get to a hospital for a while (long story), is it ok to just ask around at pharmacies? GP? I'm stressing cos I've had 2 periods in like 3 weeks and it's making me feel weak.

I was taking Microgynon 30 (i think) for years and didn't have any problems. All pills are slightly different and affect everyone differently. If Marvelon is making you bleed that much you may need Iron tablets, you may be slightly anemic. I am actually on Marvelon now and it seems to be ok. Speak to a gp if you can or a good pharmacist and see what they say.

The pills like Seasonale, which are intended to be taken so as to only have a period every 3 months, might be a good idea for you, Bellatrix, with your need to keep your weight steadier. There's a thread from a while back where I researched a bunch of pills, and it just happened to be that kind of pill.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1062416

• 1 year later...

hi ladies, i posted my question in another thread on thaivisa - no answer - hopefully can get one here instead :o

ok, i am still in perth, aus at the moment, but am wondering if i can purchase Valette pill anywhere in thailand... chiang mai would be even better :D

although i can purchase 6 months in advance etc, am wondering if i can get them over there, and possibly a lot cheaper than 20AUD per month!

thanks in advance

saki100, you should be able to get 1 year in advance with a special prescription from your doctor. this works out a heck of a lot cheaper too, and i dont think its anywhere near AUD20 a month.

if you explain to your doc that you will be away for some time, they will be able to write you this special prescription.

I belive that all pill reactions are personal and veen your doctor would find it hard to be able to tell you what will or won't happen witha pill. Micrgynon gave me horrendous mood swings. Yasmine and Marvellon didn't. Some of my friends take microgynon and are happy with it. Same with weight gains and the like. Also after 3 months many symptoms calm down apparently. I take marvellon and find if I take it the same time every day I don't get breakthrough bleeding.

Re making weight...don't think I would ever find that too hard!!!

Micrgynon gave me horrendous mood swings.

really? weird! i agree with you, different pills must affect different girls differently. :o i take microgynon non-stop, which means i don't ever have periods. been doing that for over 6 years with no probs. i don't think i have mood swings with it, but it's been so long since i have been off them i really wouldn't know!