Question For Women

YoungFarangNa

my gf's cycle (she is 25 yo) is normally 28-32 days. we had unprotected sex on day 30. today is day 39 of her cycle, we woke up and took a pregnancy test that came up negative. later in the day, she had the very slightest of bleeding, more brown than red. what do you think is going on? is it possible that she is pregnant? why only the slight bleeding so late? is a lady's doctor visit in order?

blood tests are very quick and u can do them within a very short time after sex to determine pregnancy; with the urine tests u have to have been 'late' a certain amount of time...

does she know when she ovulates? are u trying or not trying to get pregnant?

if no more bleeding, then try waiting a few more days; if bleeding red red then run not walk to nearest hospital, ; if spotting, then go to a gyni regular appointment to check for other things (nothing sinister just general woman stuff) ; it could be that she is just 'late', it happens to most of us one time or 'nother due to stress, fear of being pregnant, wishing to be pregnant, actually being pregnant but miscarrying very early (just heavy period )... if she's thai i'm sure there are sights in thai for women about all this so u dont have to ask us; or pm sheryl the nurse....

we are not trying to get pregnant. after so many month 28-32 we thought itd be okay to roll the dice on day 30. we have both been freaking out since then. today was some relief but now we are just confused as its only slight brown spotting and ive heard that this can still occur with a pregnancy.

a women is normally ovulating 14days after the first day of her last period so if the unprotected sex happened around this time (2days b4 the 14days up to 4days after the 14days) the she may be preggers. Best to go to a gp & have a blood test. There is not really any chance to get pregnant out of this time frame as the egg will either not have been release yet or would have been released already & "gone off" without being fertilised.

Has your girlfriend been taking any kind of meds or under any kind of stress? Has she been ill, travelling or doing extra physical work or exercise? All things that can make a girl skip a period. I often skip periods --having only minor spotting, when I am stressed out or ill.

do you have any links to back that up please youngfarangna as I had a lot of problems conceiving & saw several fertility doctors & not one of them mentioned this so would like to know who told you this. Thanks

I have read about research showing the same thing, Boo, that the old concept of women's fertility is totally wrong. According to some new study, women can and do ovulate more than once a month, at unpredictable times. They used the term "waves of fertility." This type of thing is better to pinpoint in oneself using cervical mucus, BBT, etc., which are very sensitive to the slight hormonal changes that trigger ovulation.

I know that I usually tended to ovulate late in my cycle, day 22 or so, which supports this new theory. see here

and here

actually i use the mucous method plus i 'feel' my ovulation; now with age however, it is all off track: i had two almost pregnancies (breasts hurting, very late period, tiredness, mood swings) but they ended as two month late heavy duty menstruation with cramping ( which fits with being 45 and starting to have shifts in hormone production)... also jet lag and , believe it or not, when my daughter moved back in after being not around too much for a year, my period did a skip and then double whammy and lo and behold, we got it together. now she's back in the army so not at home so, surprise surprise, i was delayed for a week, and then, here we are... back into the 28 day business....

now just cause u ovulate doesnt mean u can conceive: goats sometimes have a four hour!!! window, even if the buck does his job, doesnt mean i will have little goatlets 150 days later; same as with a bitch; now, if we were alpacas, we would ovulate just when being bred, but still, no guarantee....

u have to wonder how those 14 yr olds get preggers so quick in the back seats of cars.....

:o)

bina