3 Family-friendly Resorts - Which One To Choose?

writingale

Hello friends,

Greetings from India. We are a family of four (myself, my 16-yr old brother and my parents), going abroad together for the first time (we saved for many years for this occasion!!!). After many weeks of internet research, we decided to stay at any one of these resorts, but it's very hard to find reviews on them, except for their business websites.

EAST SEA RESORT, North Pattaya, cottage-style

http://www.eastsearesort.net/index.htm

VILLA THONGBURA, Jomtien, low-rise

http://www.captuscom.com/clients/villathon...om/facility.htm

SARITA CHALET & SPA, Jomtien, mid-rise

http://www.saritachalet.com

I tried many leading chain resorts in Pattaya but they were too expensive! Then the above 3 resorts replied back, the website pictures were good and their rates also fall within my budget... I especially like but it will be great if I can get some locals inform me about them... If anybody has stayed in either of these resorts, please let me know your thoughts!

About my expectations:

Most of the day we will be out sightseeing, we plan to wake up early and come back early, say around 10pm. We are looking for a family-friendly stay, with swimming pool, a place where we can walk to the beach within 5 minutes... we are NOT into any kind of nightlife entertainment, we're strictly into thai culture + food :o.

We are staying 2 days in Pattaya. I plan to go to sri racha on the first day and mini siam+tiffany's show on the next day, so it will be good if the resort is not too out of the way (I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere, either!).... it needn't be located right in town, but I jshould be able to catch a baht bus or a taxi back without any problems.

Thank you so much!

Gratefully,

Radhika Meganathan

Of the three go for the North Pattaya one. Nearer to everything.

Very near there (one street up) is Sea Lodge. 750 Baht a night has everything you say you need except email to communicate. You will have to fax. PM me if you need a number.

Hello friends,

Greetings from India. We are a family of four (myself, my 16-yr old brother and my parents), going abroad together for the first time (we saved for many years for this occasion!!!). After many weeks of internet research, we decided to stay at any one of these resorts, but it's very hard to find reviews on them, except for their business websites.

http://www.captuscom.com/clients/villathon...om/facility.htm

I tried many leading chain resorts in Pattaya but they were too expensive! Then the above 3 resorts replied back, the website pictures were good and their rates also fall within my budget... I especially like but it will be great if I can get some locals inform me about them... If anybody has stayed in either of these resorts, please let me know your thoughts!

About my expectations:

Most of the day we will be out sightseeing, we plan to wake up early and come back early, say around 10pm. We are looking for a family-friendly stay, with swimming pool, a place where we can walk to the beach within 5 minutes... we are NOT into any kind of nightlife entertainment, we're strictly into thai culture + food :o .

We are staying 2 days in Pattaya. I plan to go to sri racha on the first day and mini siam+tiffany's show on the next day, so it will be good if the resort is not too out of the way (I don't want to be in the middle of nowhere, either!).... it needn't be located right in town, but I jshould be able to catch a baht bus or a taxi back without any problems.

Thank you so much!

Gratefully,

Radhika Meganathan

I would also go for EAST SEA RESORT, in Naklua, been past it numerous times but never been in, 10 min walk of the main rd, but looks nice enough, only 5 mins walk to Wongamat beach from there, plenty of restaurants & shops nearby, North Pattaya has a large German comunity.

The only thing worth seeing in Sri racha is the tiger zoo, not really much else to do there, it would be best to do Mini Siam on your way home as your taxi or form of transport will be driving right past, a couple of hours at min-siam will be more than enough time to have a good look.

Tiffany's show is only a 15 minute walk from where your staying, although I have heard Alcazar which is the same thing, diffrent location is better?

Hi dickie and VocalNeal,

Thank you so much for your input. Even my family likes East Sea resort, though the other two look really modern :o. We all are animal lovers, so we are going to the tiger zoo + night safari on the first day, and to Chantaburi (dolphins) and tiffay's on the second day and third day just chilling by the sea till afternoon and then getting the train to Bangkok. We don't have a car, we are just gonna rely on bus and train :D

Radhika

Hi dickie and VocalNeal,

Thank you so much for your input. Even my family likes East Sea resort, though the other two look really modern :o . We all are animal lovers, so we are going to the tiger zoo + night safari on the first day, and to Chantaburi (dolphins) and tiffay's on the second day and third day just chilling by the sea till afternoon and then getting the train to Bangkok. We don't have a car, we are just gonna rely on bus and train :D

Radhika

There are dolphins at the Sanctuay of Truth, Soi 12 Naklua rd, not far from your hotel, Chantaburi is a long way from Pattaya 2 hours drive one way.

Your better getting the air-con bus to Bangkok takes 2 hours, although a taxi will only be 1000 baht, the train is un-comfortable & takes forever 4 hours ++

There are dolphins at the Sanctuay of Truth, Soi 12 Naklua rd, not far from your hotel, Chantaburi is a long way from Pattaya 2 hours drive one way.

Your better getting the air-con bus to Bangkok takes 2 hours, although a taxi will only be 1000 baht, the train is un-comfortable & takes forever 4 hours ++

That's a great idea about the Sanctuary of Truth, many thanks. Yes, it looks like it will be wise to take that one, rather than Chantaburi...

About the train, my friends have told me that it's the best way to say Bangkok countryside and I really want to see that too, not just a gilden view of the cityscapes in Thailand. And I have bus sickness, so I do prefer trains, lol. But my father drew the line... no trains to pattaya from the airport, only the AC Bell bus :o

• 8 months later...

Hi - for people who are looking for a family friendly place to stay on the East Coast that's not too expensive you might be interested in Faasai Resort and Spa in Chanthaburi. It is near the small quiet beach of Kung Wiman, 20 minutes from the dolphins at Laem Singh and there are lots of nature and outdoor activities nearby such as kayaking, bicycling, birdwatching. For more information see www.faasai.com

Hello friends,

http://www.captuscom.com/clients/villathon...acility.htm

About my expectations:

Most of the day we will be out sightseeing, we plan to wake up early and come back early, say around 10pm. We are looking for a family-friendly stay, with swimming pool, a place where we can walk to the beach within 5 minutes... we are NOT into any kind of nightlife entertainment, we're strictly into thai culture + food :o .

Thank you so much!

Gratefully,

Radhika Meganathan