Underpass Coming In Khon Kaen?

Martin

A big illustrated sign has appeared where Highway 2 going south from Udon to Korat passes through Khon Kaen and crosses the road that goes east to west from Kalasin, past KK Airport, and to Chumpae.

The picture shows an underpass, and I surmise that the words in Thai may be announcing that it is going to be constructed.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Ive heard the same thing but it seems to bizarre to be true. I will wait-n-see before I go off about it, but KK needs much, A tunnel? Not to sure it needs that, just weird.

There is also much chatter about a new rail line to Chonburi from KK, 2010 or 20?? who knows? Look at the dead construction sites, horribly planned neighborhoods and in general terrible roads around the city, Im just glad it has a decent airport thats easy to get to.

• 11 years later...
19 hours ago, fishtank said:

Underpass was completed a few years ago and works well.

Yes, indeed it was and yes it does. I drove through the construction several times a year on my commutes to Udon's nearest beach maybe about 12 years ago. But if anyone has more specifics of these dates, that would be handy. I recall it took longer than planned, just like the Pattaya one. Also, I read somewhere that it flooded during a heavy downpour around June or July 2016. If anyone has these details, it would be handy.

They're building Udon Thani's second overpass in conjunction with an underpass (tunnel) so some are already concerned about project overruns and flooding.