Carpets - Without Being Ripped Off

batami

I am looking for a 2m x 1.6m carpet / rug for a living room. the kind of carpet i have in mnd is an Indian or chinese carpet - not madly expensive - needs to be attractive and functional. BUT I have absolutely no idea about carpets (I don't know if they are made in Thailand or if the ones here are imported).

Can anyone help - where to buy in CM without being ripped off.

Advice gratefully received

B

I am looking for a 2m x 1.6m carpet / rug for a living room. the kind of carpet i have in mnd is an Indian or chinese carpet - not madly expensive - needs to be attractive and functional. BUT I have absolutely no idea about carpets (I don't know if they are made in Thailand or if the ones here are imported).

B

stay away from home pro. going past airport plaza towards hang dong, there is a shop selling carpets somewhere there across Tesco Lotus. Muslim people in a proper shop. not the ones that they hang on the side of the street. Might be before Tesco's coming from town. ON the other side of the road. ie going back towards Airport Plaza and after Jet's Petrol station.

they seem reasonable and carry some good stuff.

B

stay away from home pro. going past airport plaza towards hang dong, there is a shop selling carpets somewhere there across Tesco Lotus. Muslim people in a proper shop. not the ones that they hang on the side of the street. Might be before Tesco's coming from town. ON the other side of the road. ie going back towards Airport Plaza and after Jet's Petrol station.

THanks for the advice - will will go there tomorrow

B

THanks for the advice - will will go there tomorrow

You might also try Carpets International on the 1st ring road and east of the intersection with the Hang Dong hwy. They have a selection of ready made wool and synthetics, including some area ones that were cheap enough to cut up to fit a bathroom floor. I also bought a roll of rubber matting to put under area rugs I alread had. And they designed a wool dining room rug for us (to be made locally). I don't have the address or phone number handy, but you can contact sales person Tasujai Jakkree by email: ([email protected]).

• 2 months later...

It is some time since I posted the original request, but i evenutally bought from the shop that is on the right (going out of town) about 500m past tesco Lotus on HAng Dong Road. First time I called they were very helpful but i decided to look around. Later i went back, couldn't decide on which carpet so the owner brought a selection fto the house for me to try in situ....

Didn't overly push but very knowledgeable and helpful; family in business for a long time and I did not feel i was being ripped off.

Guys name was Mr Sandi, he has my recommendation