Cost Of Leopard In Thailand

billp

Can anybody tell me what the Apple dealers there are charging for the Leopard family pack (the real McCoy, not knock offs)? I'll be in Bangkok in a few weeks and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to wait until I get there to upgrade.

Here in Europe, the family pack is 199 euros ie 9090 baht at the moment. If I were to be able to get the very same thing in the US, the price would be $199 US - that's 6288 baht. So you can see there are substantial price differentials.

You can buy a lot in Bangkok with almost 3000 baht!

I had a demo of Leopard at my local Mac shop just before it was released on Friday. It really rocks!

Might want to wait till Apple issues fixes for a number of problems people are having with this release.
The issues (any new OS has them) may not affect his use.

Any new software updates will address this, so there's no real need to wait.

Thanks a lot Hugden (love your avatar). So I can save about 25 euros. Not a fortune but it buys a night out at Ad Here the 13th, for instance.

I agree #7, there's no point in waiting. Apple Software Update will address any small bug fixes, such as those with Keychain and Repair Permissions. I'm fully expecting some 3rd party utilities to break. But this is one upgrade that really seems worth it.