Using Post For Packages To Usa...help!

johnnymoretti

Hello,

I want to send some packages to the US (San Francisco area) with items to sell in a local market in my hometown during holiday season.

Can anyone tell me from experience or knowledge the best way to send them; how well to pack them; customs, insurance, etc???

1. Braceletes, necklaces, earrings.

2. Small 20-inch wooden boats

3. Wire aliens and tuk-tuks

4. Laotian silk.

5. Soung (Thai guitar)

Any help would be great. This will be my first time sending things to US from Thailand. I live in Khao Lak but can ship from Phuket if its better.

Cheers!!

Johnny

Hello,

I want to send some packages to the US (San Francisco area) with items to sell in a local market in my hometown during holiday season.

Can anyone tell me from experience or knowledge the best way to send them; how well to pack them; customs, insurance, etc???

1. Braceletes, necklaces, earrings.

2. Small 20-inch wooden boats

3. Wire aliens and tuk-tuks

4. Laotian silk.

5. Soung (Thai guitar)

Any help would be great. This will be my first time sending things to US from Thailand. I live in Khao Lak but can ship from Phuket if its better.

Cheers!!

Johnny

Just put it all in a box, go down to your local Post Office and they'll give you the different options and prices. It's pretty easy. I've done it lots of times. All my packages have gotten there too. Once I had a box crushed but it could've happened in the US customs too.

The boats and guitar might have a rough time of it. You might consider getting a wooden box, or one custom made to protect them.

I sent a Khim (stringed instrument) in it's own case, and it arrived perfectly.

I had my xbox (computer) shipped here form the USA, and it was bounced around like a basketball.

I personally wouldn't buy delicate items to ship through the mail unless I could protect it somehow. I used to work for a contractor for the USPS, and packages/boxes literally get 'dumped' out of big containers onto conveyors, with other packages crashing down on top of them. I could always hear something breaking if I stood next to one for a little while!

Also, customs won't be a problem for the items your shipping.

Hope this helps!

The boats and guitar might have a rough time of it. You might consider getting a wooden box, or one custom made to protect them.

I sent a Khim (stringed instrument) in it's own case, and it arrived perfectly.

I had my xbox (computer) shipped here form the USA, and it was bounced around like a basketball.

I personally wouldn't buy delicate items to ship through the mail unless I could protect it somehow. I used to work for a contractor for the USPS, and packages/boxes literally get 'dumped' out of big containers onto conveyors, with other packages crashing down on top of them. I could always hear something breaking if I stood next to one for a little while!

Also, customs won't be a problem for the items your shipping.

Hope this helps!

How do you rate the chances of a lap top arriving safely? Also, I have some bootleg DVDs I'd like to include in the package - are customs going to take an interest in these?