Selling Business

Can anyone offer advice/recommendation re company/agents to help sell business in Phuket? Business in question is night club in Patong. Have tried a local farang but he is a total waste of time - doesn't return calls etc etc.

which one is it?

Try sunbeltasia, though they are based in Bangkok, they sold my Patong hotel within a week of listing.

they have also an office in the Royal City hotel in Phuket Town.

Brilliant, thanks for the info. The guy that we have tried is an Irish chap called Kevin - very friendly and all that but nothing happened! Will give Sunbeltasia a go.

Will give Sunbeltasia a go.

Good luck!

I once contacted Sunbelt to inquire about an aquisition. Sent off requests for info on three companies, after about a week, with no response, I sent an email asking why no response. I got a reply saying 3 was too many, and to only request 1 (<deleted>?). So I requested 1, and got EXACTLY THE SAME INFO as was listed on the website, but with a fancy Sunbelt logo. Then I decided to stop by their office on Suk Soi 11 in BKK, and found my "Senior Aquisition Speicalist" sound asleep and/or passed out at his desk at 11am. Just Brilliant!

if u sold hotel within one week of its listing yr price was too low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasnt too low for me!! :o

I know the Irish guy operating down there, and have had the same problem with the Bangkok Branch.

Additionally, unless you deal with Sunbelts MD direct, the service isnt awesome, but they are usually ok.

I request 3 or 4 business profiles every week as its what i do. They are always in my email within a couple of hours. You first have to sign a confidentiality agreement to get the full profile. This is normal with ALL business brokers, the world over.

I asked about a business and got the following figures (not actual but you'll get the drift):

Sales - 4m

Costs - 3m

Profit - 2m

When I asked why they put such complete crap in their details I was informed from the top that I should undertake due dilligence. They singularly failed to grasp the point that they, as professionals, should have weeded this crap out and put in the correct figures or even make some figures up which could possibly be true !