Khon Kaen Hotels

onzestan

Since last time I stayed in Khon Kaen, Sofitel have doubled their prices.

Am now looking at Bussarakam Hotel, supposed to be fairly new but can't find any reviews on this hotel.

Anybody stayed there or info from locals.

Do NOT want to stay at Kosa and/or Charoen Thani Princess.

thanks beforehand

onzestan

'Just stopped by. New website:

http://www.bussarakamhotel (dot) com

In a non-descript area near the non-aircon bus station... wifi but not free. pick-up from the airport 70 baht transfer fee... seems to be very popular with Thai businessmen: large parking garage.

In terms of nice location, the Bantoom Gardens on the lake (Bung Kaen Nakhon) would work but either you have your own transport or lots of song thaew / tuk-tuk. 'will try to get there in the next day or so...

'Just stopped by. New website:

http://www.bussarakamhotel (dot) com

In a non-descript area near the non-aircon bus station... wifi but not free. pick-up from the airport 70 baht transfer fee... seems to be very popular with Thai businessmen: large parking garage.

In terms of nice location, the Bantoom Gardens on the lake (Bung Kaen Nakhon) would work but either you have your own transport or lots of song thaew / tuk-tuk. 'will try to get there in the next day or so...

Hi Jazzbo,

Thanks for the info. I have my own transport so distance and location is not so important.

What's important to me is comfort, cleanliness and a nice breakfast buffet. I guess I can always go to the sofitel for breakfast but that's about 1000 Baht for two, a bit steep.

Thanks again for the info I'll probably give it a try next month.

cheers

onzestan

The 'Bantoom Gardens' is now called 'Biggie & Bigoe Place'... no website or e-mail as yet... telephone (in Thailand)

043 322999 -- single and double @ 500 w/refrigerator 550 with the VIP room at 650.

Restaurant and free WiFi

On the south side of the Lake near the 7-11 -- in terms of location, probably the nicest place in town...

The 'Bantoom Gardens' is now called 'Biggie & Bigoe Place'... no website or e-mail as yet... telephone (in Thailand)

043 322999 -- single and double @ 500 w/refrigerator 550 with the VIP room at 650.

Restaurant and free WiFi

On the south side of the Lake near the 7-11 -- in terms of location, probably the nicest place in town...

Jazzobo

Wifi free in the rooms or in the lobby or restaurant only?

Restaurant and free WiFi

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a few months and we weren't impressed. The biggest concern was the bathroom floor. Ours was like an ice skating rink after the shower got turned on. If you do take a room here, advise you wear a pair of rubber thongs if the bathroom floor's wet, otherwise it would be easy to fall and hurt yourself badly.

Since last time I stayed in Khon Kaen, Sofitel have doubled their prices.

Am now looking at Bussarakam Hotel, supposed to be fairly new but can't find any reviews on this hotel.

Anybody stayed there or info from locals.

Do NOT want to stay at Kosa and/or Charoen Thani Princess.

thanks beforehand

onzestan

Doubled from what to what? Prices have gone up some but I have made bookings there for 1800 recently by phoning reception.

Sofitel's rooms are 2800 Thb on Wotif (3,000 on weekends) including tax & breakfast for two. They have rooms at less than 2200 Thb by booking direct on the Sofitel KK's own website.

Having stayed there a few times, and hopefully next month, the place is quality, the best in Isaan, and value for money!