Accommodation In Nongki

prakhonchai nick

I have a friend who wants to go to Nongki early December for a Muay Thai boxing contest. He is looking for overnight accommodation. Does anyone know of any guest houses or hotels in Nongki?

"Mut Mee Guest house" recomended 400b night exelent food in Restaurant and right alongside the river web site http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3...-Nong_Khai.html phone 042460717

"Mut Mee Guest house" recomended 400b night exelent food in Restaurant and right alongside the river web site http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3...-Nong_Khai.html phone 042460717

It wasn't Nong Khai where I was looking for accommodation, but Nongki -Buriram province. But thanks anyway David.

"Mut Mee Guest house" recomended 400b night exelent food in Restaurant and right alongside the river web site <a href="http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3...-Nong_Khai.html" target="_blank">http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3...-Nong_Khai.html</a> phone 042460717

It wasn't Nong Khai where I was looking for accommodation, but Nongki -Buriram province. But thanks anyway David.

There is a Cabbages and Condoms resort on the main road just out of town. If my memory serves me correctly it is on the Nang Rong side of town. Don't be put off by the name. This is one of a chain of very good restaurants and resorts all over Thailand and there are 3 that i am aware of in Buri Ram province. Alternatively you could go down the road a few K's to Nang Rong where there are a few reasonably good places to stay. See the other posting on this forum today about Nang Rong.

There are plenty of buses between the two towns if you don't have a car.

Nong Ki, Burriam. I lived there most of 2006, doing Muay Thai with Master Pramote in Nong Kee Pahuyuth muay thai camp. and the camp is the OPPOSITE side of the road to Nong Ki Hos[ital, and soi. anyway your mate may not be going there.

NK or MK Motel, which is on the Nong Rong side of Nong Ki. so you driving into Nong Ki say coming from Korat, 7-11 petrol station on left hand side as you enter village, your target NK Motel is out on the other side leaving the village on right hand side and very easy to miss, Traffic Lights on main road which heads on the Nong Rong and Surin. Traffic lights in the middle of the village, police box on the left beside the traffic lights. go on straight about 1/2 KM as you go to the outskirts of the village still on main road, nong rong is next town 28 km straight on. There is a Petrol Station on left side just as you are more or less clearing out of Nong Ki. it is not a modern petrol station and there is 2 karoke bars (cattle shed style more like!) in the grounds of the Petrol Station. Anyway right across the main road, on your Right hand side, more or less opposite this petrol station across the road, back about 100m is the NK MOTEL... I use the petrol station as a landmark, as a blink of an eye you cal miss NK Motel very easy, since it is back off the road and behind a small row of building. In april last time I was up there, this small row of new built housed a new karoke bar, and a shop...just one room style. again it is easy to miss the NK Motel due to this.

NK Motel is clean but very basic and about 8 rooms, 4 with Air con, 4 with fan and I think last time 400 B a night for air con.

There is another Motel more within the village, where the bus stops on the left, thats the 2nd bus stop again just as you are heading to outskirts on way to Nong Rong direction. there is a sort of supermarket Isam style in from this "bus stop" which is wood bench with wood roof. In behind supermarket is a few motel rooms, and a bigger building with a the local pool hall under it. I never stayed in this one. I would think NK Motel where I have stay several times since I moved down to Pattaya, would be a grade above it.

Indeed there could be more places to stay as they really widened the road in april last.

Condom & Cabbage is about 15Km out of Nong Ki and is more or less half way mark to Nong Rong which is about 28 - 30Km from Nong ki.

Nong Rong got a motel on left side on way in, I cannot remember name, but it is on right side about 300m after police box as you enter the village. Ok if you got transport back to nong ki. but NK Motel is the best bet if you boxing in nong ki.

I would not recommend waiting on the bus if you are not in a car or truck. its ok if you live in Nong Ki, but you could be waiting a long time depending on Isan factors. plus no one speak english so if you do not have someone with you to speak, it can be very frustrating. Not the sort of situation you want the day before you get in the ring. There is Tuk Tuk in Nong Ki for local taxi around the village.

Where is your friend boxing?

In the village itself? or what is on a festival?

There is some fierce tough fighters up there, Nong Ki produced Nampon (famous re holland & then thailand re match with Deeker) & Namkabuan (7 years undefeated I think as World Champ, & I think no one has gone 7 years undefeated? I am open to correction on that?). Plus re number of total champs Nong Kee Pahuyuth under Master Pramote had 10 which is number 2 in thailand and Sityodthong No 1 with 24 champs in total.

specialize in clinch fighting up there, kneed & elbows. 1 hour morning clinch sparring (verging on wrestling they are so good at it, I never seen anywhere clinch like this in my life), and 1 hour clinch afternoon session. 2 twins brothers A and B their called, about 15 year old, upcoming 3000 left right muay thai kicks in sets of 100 day in day out sunday is training too. and thats on top of all the usual training.

I had a great time up there. Tell your mate to tell them Gerry says hello. no other farang for years training up there, so they 'll know. :-)

me & Master Pramote

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/Ge...yuathSept06.jpg

post-36408-1194165576_thumb.jpg

post-36408-1194165717_thumb.jpg

post-36408-1194166057_thumb.jpg

post-36408-1194166139_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gerry290

Nong Ki, Burriam. I lived there most of 2006, doing Muay Thai with Master Pramote in Nong Kee Pahuyuth muay thai camp. and the camp is the OPPOSITE side of the road to Nong Ki Hos[ital, and soi. anyway your mate may not be going there.

NK or MK Motel, which is on the Nong Rong side of Nong Ki. so you driving into Nong Ki say coming from Korat, 7-11 petrol station on left hand side as you enter village, your target NK Motel is out on the other side leaving the village on right hand side and very easy to miss, Traffic Lights on main road which heads on the Nong Rong and Surin. Traffic lights in the middle of the village, police box on the left beside the traffic lights. go on straight about 1/2 KM as you go to the outskirts of the village still on main road, nong rong is next town 28 km straight on. There is a Petrol Station on left side just as you are more or less clearing out of Nong Ki. it is not a modern petrol station and there is 2 karoke bars (cattle shed style more like!) in the grounds of the Petrol Station. Anyway right across the main road, on your Right hand side, more or less opposite this petrol station across the road, back about 100m is the NK MOTEL... I use the petrol station as a landmark, as a blink of an eye you cal miss NK Motel very easy, since it is back off the road and behind a small row of building. In april last time I was up there, this small row of new built housed a new karoke bar, and a shop...just one room style. again it is easy to miss the NK Motel due to this.

NK Motel is clean but very basic and about 8 rooms, 4 with Air con, 4 with fan and I think last time 400 B a night for air con.

There is another Motel more within the village, where the bus stops on the left, thats the 2nd bus stop again just as you are heading to outskirts on way to Nong Rong direction. there is a sort of supermarket Isam style in from this "bus stop" which is wood bench with wood roof. In behind supermarket is a few motel rooms, and a bigger building with a the local pool hall under it. I never stayed in this one. I would think NK Motel where I have stay several times since I moved down to Pattaya, would be a grade above it.

Indeed there could be more places to stay as they really widened the road in april last.

Condom & Cabbage is about 15Km out of Nong Ki and is more or less half way mark to Nong Rong which is about 28 - 30Km from Nong ki.

Nong Rong got a motel on left side on way in, I cannot remember name, but it is on right side about 300m after police box as you enter the village. Ok if you got transport back to nong ki. but NK Motel is the best bet if you boxing in nong ki.

I would not recommend waiting on the bus if you are not in a car or truck. its ok if you live in Nong Ki, but you could be waiting a long time depending on Isan factors. plus no one speak english so if you do not have someone with you to speak, it can be very frustrating. Not the sort of situation you want the day before you get in the ring. There is Tuk Tuk in Nong Ki for local taxi around the village.

Where is your friend boxing?

In the village itself? or what is on a festival?

There is some fierce tough fighters up there, Nong Ki produced Nampon (famous re holland & then thailand re match with Deeker) & Namkabuan (7 years undefeated I think as World Champ, & I think no one has gone 7 years undefeated? I am open to correction on that?). Plus re number of total champs Nong Kee Pahuyuth under Master Pramote had 10 which is number 2 in thailand and Sityodthong No 1 with 24 champs in total.

specialize in clinch fighting up there, kneed & elbows. 1 hour morning clinch sparring (verging on wrestling they are so good at it, I never seen anywhere clinch like this in my life), and 1 hour clinch afternoon session. 2 twins brothers A and B their called, about 15 year old, upcoming 3000 left right muay thai kicks in sets of 100 day in day out sunday is training too. and thats on top of all the usual training.

I had a great time up there. Tell your mate to tell them Gerry says hello. no other farang for years training up there, so they 'll know. :-)

me & Master Pramote

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb34/Ge...yuathSept06.jpg

Many thanks for the info. I will pass it on later this week.

It seems there is a Muay thai festival on in early December - an International competition featuring Australians. My friend is Australian and wants to go have a look see. However, he does not want to return home the same night as he is rather fond of the booze. i am sure one of the places to stay will suit him fine.

Ah ok if Australians. That Must be Kevin Junior from Perth Down in Australia?, he got a Bando Burma Boxing and Nong Kee Pahuyuth Muay Thai school down in Perth. Has some sharp 21 year old up from Perth in April last to Nong Ki, great style and drive the kid had. and a few other Australians up from Perth who trained for a few weeks up there in Nong ki muay thai, had a great feast after and all the "big boss" of Burriram came to the Muay Thai camp. was a great night up there.

Let me know what date that is on up there?, I might go up myself to see that festival.

As for your mate on the beer the few local Karaoke bars is the only option for a bit of night life! LOL! Hee Hee! great fun! NOT!!

I must give Master Pramote a call this week and find out if it is what I am guess. Might jump in for a 3 rounder myself, its been over 5 years since last time I got into a ring and off MT training a few months. no wind at all. but a nice 3 rounder for fun would be a blast.

just before you get to nongki say about 5km back down the higway,as soon as you pass under the big welcome to burriram sign look right,there a kind of shop and marquee set up this place is always a pi** up place,plenty of farang here of all origin,a good crack more or less walkin distance behind them down a side road some german built his own resort,outa this world relly nice you wouldnt even know it was there,little bungalows amid big koi pond swimming pool nice settings top room air,and european breki charged me 800 baht a night i didnt mind fer a few nights...

• 3 months later...

Sakmongkol.

your in manchester area, not far up North, I do not have url, but google.co.uk Dean Whites Muay Thai (nong Kee),

if you email Dean, he will mark your cards on getting there. He is not associated now gym wise with Nong Ki, i think, but he

did spent alot of time there in 1990s when Nampon & Numkabhun where the top guys, training with them & camp was very

busy with top fighters in that era.

Dean will email you back, and he got a good web site.

Cheers

Gerry

PS Anyone interested, we got April 5 Day Krav Maga Self Defence Seminar Pattaya, (40 hours), then 1 day Seminar Krav Maga

Israeli Combat shooting IDF instructor coming to teach that. PM me for details. its very reasonable to come! :-)

• 1 year later...

I realise this thread is old but for those of you who will be travellung to Nong Ki I hope this helps.

Ignore any hotel recommendations from locals (they would never stay in these places anyway) ... The Si Prasat resort is by far the best accomodation in town and right in the heart of Nong Ki. At 450B per night (around AUD15) it is great value. Judging from the dates on the fittings it looks like the place is only a year or two old. The other two possibilities, the NK resort and the Si Leung (spelling) were both like dog boxes in comparison. We could have put a room from each of the other two in our room and still had space to spare .... not to mention the age and quality of the fittings.

Contact details for Si Prasat are 08-58236478, 08-54908592 and their email is [email protected]

I have not tried these contact details as we just rocked up into town and asked a taxi driver .. oddly enough the place was withn 100m of where we were. I will be using them when we go back in a few months. And for the record, neither I or my TGF have any association with the place other than as very satisfied customers.

One other thing was that we used a GPS unit with iGo8 software (with Thai maps) and the mapping and POIs were unbelievably accurate. Even the unpaved roads in the village were accurately rendered. Dont leave home without one but do remember to set the route calculation to allow unpaved roads.

Cheers, 2SS

Edited by 2slicesshort

I realise this thread is old but for those of you who will be travellung to Nong Ki I hope this helps.

Ignore any hotel recommendations from locals (they would never stay in these places anyway) ... The Si Prasat resort is by far the best accomodation in town and right in the heart of Nong Ki. At 450B per night (around AUD15) it is great value. Judging from the dates on the fittings it looks like the place is only a year or two old. The other two possibilities, the NK resort and the Si Leung (spelling) were both like dog boxes in comparison. We could have put a room from each of the other two in our room and still had space to spare .... not to mention the age and quality of the fittings.

Contact details for Si Prasat are 08-58236478, 08-54908592 and their email is [email protected]

I have not tried these contact details as we just rocked up into town and asked a taxi driver .. oddly enough the place was withn 100m of where we were. I will be using them when we go back in a few months. And for the record, neither I or my TGF have any association with the place other than as very satisfied customers.

One other thing was that we used a GPS unit with iGo8 software (with Thai maps) and the mapping and POIs were unbelievably accurate. Even the unpaved roads in the village were accurately rendered. Dont leave home without one but do remember to set the route calculation to allow unpaved roads.

Cheers, 2SS

I think the Seerung Resort is OK - I've stayed there 3 times.

I agree the rooms are small, but everything else is OK.

Cost me 7000 baht a month last time.