Novels In Thai

Greenside

Anyone know of a good source of quality international fiction available in Thai? I haven't found much beyond Agatha Christie and one or two modern best sellers. I was hoping to find The Bonesetter's Daughter or other Amy Tan novels in particular.

naiin.com

the website is in Thai but the selection is tremendous.

Alternatively, if you are in Bangkok the Kinokuniya (however it is spelled) bookstore in Siam Paragon has a decent selection of fiction in Thai

I've bought Mrs Bendix a wide range of western quality fiction and literature in Thai translation from Kinokuniya in Siam Paragon, including an Amy Tan. Other stuff includes Jane Austen, Flaubert's Madame Bovary, Charlotte Bronte, Leo Tolstoy, and even more modern stuff like The Life of Pi, Isabelle Allende, VS Naipaul and Tony Parsons. Good prices too.

For an idea of the things you might find, here's a link to the intersection of the tags "translated English > Thai" and "fiction" on LibraryThing:

http://www.librarything.com/tag/fiction,tr...sh%20%3E%20thai

This is just a small sample, but it might give you some ideas. Thai bookstores are pretty hit and miss, but most big ones have an okay selection.