90 Day Reporting

Bear with me, hereafter you get lots of dates and sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before. What is the starting date for this guy the 90 days for reporting have to be based upon?

Expiry date of first extension 14.11.2007

Granted second extension 16.10.2007

Expiry date of second extension 14.11.2008

Left country for Aussiland (on single entry permit) 22.10.2007

Arrived back in Thailand 30.10.2007

Present stamp to stay reads 30.11.2007 and underneath 14.11.2008

Old report slip in PP reads 26.10.2007

This guy thinks that he has to report within 90 days starting from the date of 16.10.2007 when his new extension was granted and stamped into his PP.

I argued with him that in fact he would have to report within 90 days from the date of his arrival on 30.10.07 and that he could just ignore his old report slip still sitting in his PP.

Immigration officers at Suvarnabhumi could not give him a straight answer on above. No, they even asked him for whatever reason, why he did not buy a multiple entry permit for him and his wife. Please enlighten us. Thank you.

It is 90 days from first application for extension of stay (the first application starts the 90 day clock) as it is considered the same as a 90 day report. This is only true of the first TM.7 application - next year it will not be considered a 90 day report.

I think I have the same situation as you have. I reported to immigration last August 5 2007 for my 90 day checkin (retirement visa). They gave me a stamp of 3 November 2007 to checkin again. In the process I left LOS on 5 September 2007 and returned to LOS on 7 October 2007 (with a reentry visa stamp). I've been told 2 stories one to go to immigration on 3 November 2007 and the other date in January 2008. I plan on going to Pattaya this coming week and go into immigration around 8 November. Just to see which is right. If I go on the 8th will I be overstayed & charged or will they just say to come back in January 2008?

You need to report 90 days after your most recent arrival (early January). If you go next week they will probably just accept your report and tell you to come back in 90 days (you will not be over the 7 day plus/minus allowed). But January is when you should be reporting by law.

"Arrived back in Thailand 30.10.2007"

"It is 90 days from first application for extension of stay (the first application starts the 90 day clock) as it is considered the same as a 90 day report. This is only true of the first TM.7 application - next year it will not be considered a 90 day report."

It is 90 days from your last entry to Thailand. In this case it appears that is from Oct 30th, not from the date of your first extension.

Sorry, I do not want to be a pain in the ass, but many people ask me for guidance and I only intend to give out straightforward advice.

The OP entered Thailand on a Multiple Non-O-Visa on 15.11.06. If I remember his passport correctly, around 25.02.07 he did change that Non-O-Visa based on 800K for 3 months in the bank into a so called “Retirement” Visa to avoid border runs.

I assume that his old Reporting Slip still in his passport led therefore to that date 26.10.07 as initially posted.

As you can see, the OP is in his second extension.

1. Had he not left the country, he would have had to report on 26.10.07. Yes or no.

2. He extended however on 19.10.07 by TM7 (his second extension). Had he not left the country, he would still have had to report on 26.10.07, or, because the new extension and reporting were only a few days apart, would immigration presented him with a reporting slip for 90 days starting from the initial reporting date 26.10.07. Yes or no.

3. Now he left the country. That voided in fact the old reporting slip and created a new situation. And thanks to you posters, the new reporting 90 days started on his new entry on 30.10.07. Yes or no.

4. In resume what in fact starts the reporting clock (if he does not leave the country)

aa) the very first extension and all subsequent 90 days

bb) every year tm7 extension thereafter, or

cc) as soon as he leaves the country, always the re-entry date

1. Yes. Only first extension of stay counts as a report.

2. Yes. As report was at the plus/minus 7 day point he could have filed a TM.47 at the same time.

3. Yes. He must report 90 days after his new arrival.

4. (If he does not leave the country) the TM.47 file date (address report) resets the 90 day clock.

Bear with me, hereafter you get lots of dates and sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before. What is the starting date for this guy the 90 days for reporting have to be based upon?

Expiry date of first extension 14.11.2007

Granted second extension 16.10.2007

Expiry date of second extension 14.11.2008

Left country for Aussiland (on single entry permit) 22.10.2007

Present stamp to stay reads 30.11.2007 and underneath 14.11.2008

Old report slip in PP reads 26.10.2007

This guy thinks that he has to report within 90 days starting from the date of 16.10.2007 when his new extension was granted and stamped into his PP.

I argued with him that in fact he would have to report within 90 days from the date of his arrival on 30.10.07 and that he could just ignore his old report slip still sitting in his PP.

Immigration officers at Suvarnabhumi could not give him a straight answer on above. No, they even asked him for whatever reason, why he did not buy a multiple entry permit for him and his wife. Please enlighten us. Thank you.

You need tor report avery 90 days after your last entry to thailand an it has been this way for as long as i have had an extension which is over 7 years.

If you leave before the 90 day period and then come back then the 90 day starts the day u return.!

Edited by phuketrichard

"It is 90 days from first application for extension of stay (the first application starts the 90 day clock) as it is considered the same as a 90 day report. This is only true of the first TM.7 application - next year it will not be considered a 90 day report."

It is 90 days from your last entry to Thailand. In this case it appears that is from Oct 30th, not from the date of your first extension.

90 days is 90 days... no way around that. Take the bus trip to Cambodia if you can. I cant see away around that.

Edit to remove false information. We are talking 90 day address reports which have nothing at all to do with overstay of visa or Cambodia. And a person who entered Thailand on 30.10.2007 is not due for a new 90 day address report until late January 2008.

That is certainly the basis on which I am working.

The slip of paper in my passport says that I have to report this month some time, but as I re-entered Thailand on 31at October, I no longer have to do so until around 28th January.

Actually, if you time your trips out of Thailand properly, you may never have to report your address at all. I am looking at a trip to Kuala Lumpur towards the end of January, which would push my reporting date back to the end of April. I will be escaping from Pattaya for the duration of Songkran which will push it back to about the 3rd week in July. A trip back to Scotland at the end of May/early June will push the date even further back to September of next year.

Alan

Don't want to sound dumb or belabor the point, but this is a new one on me.

I'm on a 1 year retirement visa and did my 90 day report in August such that I am supposed to come back on November 17 for another 90 day report.

Meanwhile I've left the country a couple times (I have the multi-re-entry permit thing).

My most recent re-entry was about a week ago and the experts here on this thread say this resets the clock.

So as long as I leave the country more frequently than once every 90 days, I never have to do the reporting thing. Just apply for the extension when the one year is up.

This is indeed convenient, since I'm sure I'll be doing that. :o

No kidding, right? Don't want to blow past the November 17 date in my passport when I should have showed up for this.

Thanks.

Finally somoe one understands!!!

good one on yal

Everyone take notice

90 day report date starts from the last entry to thailand!

If You leave before the 90 days then it is re-set to the new last entry

Edited by phuketrichard

Finally somoe one understands!!!

good one on yal

Everyone take notice

90 day report date starts from the last entry to thailand!

If You leave before the 90 days then it is re-set to the new last entry

This correct as I have recently checked - did it with immigration in Chiangmai. It is easy here as you can be in and out of the office in a few minutes and the office is easy to get to. They just put put in a new reporting date.

If you have any doubts and it is convenient it always pays to check at the correct goverment department/office.

If you can stand one more answer. Many at Thai immigration mess this up, but the 90 day address report has nothing to do with the visa you have or the date of extensions to it. Each time I report to extend my retirement visa the person doing the approval changes the date my 90 day report is due, they often note the date the visa expires as the date my next report is due when that falls within the next 90 day cycle. This is not correct by Thai law and if you contact someone higher up, but not too high up, you will get the correct information. The reporting window on the first floor in Bkk or at the upstairs office seem to be staffed with people who understand the rules correctly. When the wrong date is stamped on the form, I just stop at the desk there and have it corrected. Or if more convenient just stick to the new date because the offices in the provinces are now counting off 90 days from whatever date you make the report not 90 days from the date the report was due. If you want real convenience and a regular schedule just mail your form and the backup documents to the Bangkok office about 10 days before the reporting date. They return the backup papers for the next use and you get the new form with no stress. Check Thai Immigration web site for full details on what to send. You report the address where you are staying if you remain in Thailand for more than 90 days from the date you enter. If you leave and come back then you begin a new 90 day period. In the unlikely event someone questions your reporting date just point out the date you left and the date you returned. I had to only one time on a reentry permit application. The 90 day report is separate from and has nothing to do with visas. It is in place to try to determine where nonthai people are at all times. It can be used for emergency location/ notification, law enforcement, tourism research, infrastructure development decisions etc. etc. etc.

If you are concerned about reporting your whereabouts to the authorities then you should know that the management and or owners of properties that are rented and or sold to foreigners are required to make weekly and or monthly or daily , depending on the type of property, reports to immigration police detailing the identities of foreigners staying in the property. Hope this is of some help,, sorry for the length.

I obained my retirement visa five years ago and keep up with the extention each year. I leave Thailand quite often so I have never been subject to the 90 day reporting rule. I have never been questioned. Thai Immigration in Bangkok says you only are required to report if you stay in Thailand 90 days. The clock starts ticking the date of your last entry stamp.

most of the response are truly correct but always consider that sometimes law varies depends on where you are.

Some immigration offices are hard to talk to but some aren't.

The 90 days reporting is for the immigration to check where you are it doesn't have to do with your visa but you will pay a lot if you don't show up.

If you travel a lot not staying more than 90 days inside thailand then your off the hook. But make sure if you stay for 90 days you have to report.

the best thing to do is visit your immigration and ask them when is your next report.

I seldom go out of the country but everytime I come back my 90 days reporting to the immigration will be counted upon arrival.

Cheers!

Sorry, I do not want to be a pain in the ass, but many people ask me for guidance and I only intend to give out straightforward advice.

The OP entered Thailand on a Multiple Non-O-Visa on 15.11.06. If I remember his passport correctly, around 25.02.07 he did change that Non-O-Visa based on 800K for 3 months in the bank into a so called “Retirement” Visa to avoid border runs.

I assume that his old Reporting Slip still in his passport led therefore to that date 26.10.07 as initially posted.

As you can see, the OP is in his second extension.

1. Had he not left the country, he would have had to report on 26.10.07. Yes or no.

2. He extended however on 19.10.07 by TM7 (his second extension). Had he not left the country, he would still have had to report on 26.10.07, or, because the new extension and reporting were only a few days apart, would immigration presented him with a reporting slip for 90 days starting from the initial reporting date 26.10.07. Yes or no.

3. Now he left the country. That voided in fact the old reporting slip and created a new situation. And thanks to you posters, the new reporting 90 days started on his new entry on 30.10.07. Yes or no.

4. In resume what in fact starts the reporting clock (if he does not leave the country)

aa) the very first extension and all subsequent 90 days

bb) every year tm7 extension thereafter, or

cc) as soon as he leaves the country, always the re-entry date

Edited by rhen86