Largest International School

Guest StephenB

Guest StephenB

Does anybody know what or where the largest private or International schools in the Kingdom are? I have seen a thread posted that had all the schools listed, but there surely must be a super huge one that everybody knows. I would like to know if maybe there is one that has a thousand or so students. (Don't laugh- I have 'no idea' about international schools)

I guess I am looking for a school for my 5 year old that is Huge and has many native teachers (whether it be France, German, English Etc.) and I basically have "No Idea" after that.

That list I seen posted (which is a awesome list) on another topic or thread somewhere will take a couple of days to go though provided I am sober. I was hoping somebody might know a quick answer. I also would prefer not a overwhelming religious type school. - again 'I have no idea' HA

Does anybody know what or where the largest private or International schools in the Kingdom are? I have seen a thread posted that had all the schools listed, but there surely must be a super huge one that everybody knows. I would like to know if maybe there is one that has a thousand or so students. (Don't laugh- I have 'no idea' about international schools)

I guess I am looking for a school for my 5 year old that is Huge and has many native teachers (whether it be France, German, English Etc.) and I basically have "No Idea" after that.

That list I seen posted (which is a awesome list) on another topic or thread somewhere will take a couple of days to go though provided I am sober. I was hoping somebody might know a quick answer. I also would prefer not a overwhelming religious type school. - again 'I have no idea' HA

International School Bangkok - in Nichada Thani off Chaeng Wattana Road is the largest International School with an American Curriculum.

Bangkok Pattana in Soi LaSalle, Sukhumvit 103, would be the largest with a UK Curriculum.

Patrick

Can I ask why you are interested in a school with so many students?

I find schools with a lower number of students (per class) get better personal attention from their teachers.

Don't know where you are located or what you want your child to get out of the school - but my daughter nearly 4yr old goes to Kindergarten at St. Andrews International Rayong (UK curriculum - and NOT a religious school). Definitely not a large school (students) and the teachers are from the UK (majority), Australia and a few others from different euro countries. Everything I was looking for when deciding on a school for our daughter last year - full english curriculum taught by qualified trained teachers (not by ones that get their degrees from some internet course), safe and clean environment and facilities and impressive extra curriculum sporting programs was found there. My daughter absolutely loves it, has learnt more than I can believe or thought possible and her teachers are absolutely wonderful.

Good Luck :o

These schools definitely have over 1000 students: ISB, Bangkok Patana, NIST, Harrow, Ruamrudee (and maybe Shrewsbury???). Just because a school is big in numbers doesn't mean the classes have big numbers - just that there are more classes .... I would imagine that all of these schools have max class sizes of 24 or less in primary.