Chevy Colorado Pick Up

thainet

My 2003 D-Max also needs upgrading and I saw the new Colorado yesterday and even though it's similiar to the D-Max it's nicer looking inside and out I believe.

The 2WD, Z71 package with new 3.0l engine seems a good price at 812K.

What do any of you Colorado owners or knowledgeable people think. Also is the G80 Diff Lock package worth getting on the 2WD.

I have found after 4 years my D-max started to have a few problems especially with doorlocks, windows etc. Mechanically sound though.

Thanks for any answers.

I'm a satisfied colorado Z71 owner for 2.5yrs and am happy with it, so far. i have a post regarding a recall that chev fixed, which surprised me here in LOS....didn't think that they cared after purchase. the reason i went for the chev is that it has the lines of a real old fashioned truck, with the squarish wheelwells [not pussy-rounded like all the new others]. and the fact that it is made for export with more safety features and more steel.

and you must know that the colorado is an isuzu [in a chev dress].

but be informed that the resale value on chev is not the best.....hasn't been on the market long enough?

hope this helps, and good luck!!

Was involved in a crash in my friend's Colorado a while back. We were stopped to turn right on a 4-lane road. Taxi didn't see us and, tyres locked up, slammed into the back of us.

Wish I had the pics with me to show you guys- the front of the Toyota was completely smashed. Lights, hood, bumper, even side panels were all crushed and the radiator was leaking badly. On the Colorado the damage was almost completely isolated to the bumper aside from a couple of scratches on the body.

The insurance guy's comment after arriving was, "Chevy, very strong!"