Voip : Problems With Skype Rhinobell, Primus

wpbr

Is anyone using SKYPE?

After days of trying muliple (nominally accepted) cards, they simply refuse to accept. The cards are fine: we even phoned Australia to check. Even tried the Electro visa Bankok Bank card.

Totally unable to raise help at SKYPE.

Very much afraid we'll have to just give up.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Also tried RhinoBell. After registration, I get cannot connect to server.

Also Primus. Uploaded funds, but login fails. No response to help.

Any help would be appreciated :o

OK, to answer my own question....

The problem arises where the cc and ip adress are in different countries. This ludicrous situation has been the cause of many complaints to Skype, since travellers and expats, likely to be big users are affected.

Skype hope to see the problem fixed in a week. Maybe.

Work arounds are to use an internet proxy in the country of origin of your cc, or to let a friend in that country log in as you, then deliver funds from your credit card. Neither is particularly secure.

Just in case anyone wanted to know. :o

I use Skype,no problem depositing 10 eruo's,spent about 5 eruos,on hours of calls,the Skype topped it up to 10 again as a bonus,nice people.

Just wish they could sort the delay out,but that is maybe becauce I use Ipstar.

That delay was more than apparent when I tried it and I'm n DSL. If your calls are mostly to the US and UK, you might consider Vonage.

Hi CMT. Can you say more re Vonage - cost, local availability, use in pc2pc etc? It would be nice to have an actual phone to use.... :o

The only IP Phone access I could ever actually pay for was MyWebCalls. Brilliant! There is a delay about half the time, and then it 'clicks into' a non delay mode - presumably an alternative routing. They accidently overcharged by a factor of 10 on one occasion. I sent an e mail and had an explanation and refund within 5 minutes.

But they don't have pc2pc, so we're using MyWebCalls for pc2phone. For pc2pc, we're using a mix of Skype & Messenger at the moment. Much easier to get our friends to sign up to the latter of course, so I'm afraid we will soon be getting rid of Skype. It's all a bit messy - hence my interest in Vonage.

• 4 weeks later...

VoIP Providers Company. We provide VoIP Solutions and Services in Thailand, data technologies voip gateway, Computer, Network, PABX

บริษัทให้คำปรึกษาเกี่ยวกับ ระบบเน็ตเวิร์กและระบบวีโอไอพี Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)

โดยรับวางระบบและติดตั้งอุปกรณ์ VoIP gateway ช่วยให้สามารถโทรฟรีระหว่างสาขาได้ทั้งในประเทศไทยและต่างประเทศ

VoIP Providers Company. We provide VoIP Solutions and Services in Thailand. We are consultant in Voice over IP.

Corporate Headquarters :

TTT Communication Co., Ltd.

159/3 Soi Thonglor, Sukhumvit 55 Rd. Klongton-Nue, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

Tel : +66 (0) 2381-1057-8

Fax : +66 (0) 2381-1059

E-mail : [email protected]

http://www.ttt-3.com

Hi CMT. Can you say more re Vonage - cost, local availability, use in pc2pc etc? It would be nice to have an actual phone to use.... :o

The only IP Phone access I could ever actually pay for was MyWebCalls. Brilliant! There is a delay about half the time, and then it 'clicks into' a non delay mode - presumably an alternative routing. They accidently overcharged by a factor of 10 on one occasion. I sent an e mail and had an explanation and refund within 5 minutes. 

But they don't have pc2pc, so we're using MyWebCalls for pc2phone. For pc2pc, we're using a mix of Skype & Messenger at the moment. Much easier to get our friends to sign up to the latter of course, so I'm afraid we will soon be getting rid of Skype. It's all a bit messy - hence my interest in Vonage.

www.vonage.com

simply the best there is, especially if you're doing business in the US. Need DSL. Won't work with hinet.