Ambassador City Hotel, Jomtien

Felt 35

Ambassador City Hotel, Jomtien. (I think that`s the name!)

Anyone stayed there! Is it as good as its big or…

Thanks. :o

From distance, it really looks impressive. Then I came closer...

What a wreck! Ruined, cracked buildings, one wing looks more like a stabble. The rooms are rather small and the whole place is tired, soo tired.

Thais mainly (prices were that time 1200-1600B) and far from everything.

If you have to stay there, you better have a car.

I live just near.One of my friend wanted to visit me but I had no free room in condo.So he booked in Ambassador.After one night he asked me to find an other hotel

His feeling was that he came back in time in a soviet hotel. :o

Room tired

The internet shop had no airco...30 degrees inside

I went for breakfast with him.Food was hum good for stray dogs.No service.

So I suggest you book your worst ennemy there

NB only one positive point;they have huuuuuuge swimming pools

Sorry, I should have thought about asking in my previous posts. However allow me to ask now because it seems some of you know the area near Ambassador City Hotel very well.

Is there a decent hotel in a nice location in the price range 2-3K nearby Ambassador City Hotel?

3-4 Km away is okay but best with not more than 1-2Km. I have tried the web but its overwhelmingly many hotel in and around Pattaya and Jomtien and I have no local knowledge either about Pattaya or Jomtien.

Utapao is the airport in Pattaya, right. Bangkok Airways fly there from Phuket as far as I can see on their website. How far is it with a taxi (time/cost) to the above-mentioned hotel(s) from Utapao Airport?

Thanks & Regards

:o

Perhaps you can try botany resort (near Ocean Marina)but there are a lot of new construction works around and lot of russians there

Nice villas around a huge pool and average bedrooms.Was reniewd recently

I would suggest Pinnacle resort (direction Pattaya )

They both are on the beach.Rooms at Pinnacle are good (I only saw the luxury ones...)

I have no idea of the food quality

There is an other resort just near Pinnacle.Cheap but not on the seaside.When I checked there months ago they were only groups

I didn't memorise the name...it says everything

From Utapao:around 20 minutes

Taxi price:you have to book in advance to avoid scam (if they are taxis when you land....).I suggest Mr T :081 351 36 12.They are reliable and the cheapest.Always use them when I go BKK

Hope this help

Hi & Thanks again!

I found this on Asiarooms.com and I believe this is the mentioned resort.

Pinnacle Jomtien Resort & Spa hotel Pattaya

37/2-11 Moo 2, Sukhumvit Rd, Najomtien, Sattahip, Pattaya 20250, Thailand

How far is approximately Pinnacle Resort from the Ambassador City Hotel. Let say I opted for a fresh morning walk. 10-20-30-45 min?

How much should I expect to pay the taxi? 20 minutes in Phuket means near 500, - Baht with a standard airport limousine. Is it a similar price range in Pattaya?

BTW, it’s not a holiday I go for so I guess I survive the construction work for a weekend, however I still like to stay at a decent place.

Regards.

I like ambassodor city becuase of the large swimming pools, especially the 50m Olympic. They have 4 main buildings and you can get prices from 750baht for the Inn wing up to 5000 baht for a good room in the best wing. BIG differences in quality between wings.

Sorry, I should have thought about asking in my previous posts. However allow me to ask now because it seems some of you know the area near Ambassador City Hotel very well.

Is there a decent hotel in a nice location in the price range 2-3K nearby Ambassador City Hotel?

3-4 Km away is okay but best with not more than 1-2Km. I have tried the web but its overwhelmingly many hotel in and around Pattaya and Jomtien and I have no local knowledge either about Pattaya or Jomtien.

Utapao is the airport in Pattaya, right. Bangkok Airways fly there from Phuket as far as I can see on their website. How far is it with a taxi (time/cost) to the above-mentioned hotel(s) from Utapao Airport?

Utapao is 35km from Pattaya, maybe 25-26km from the Ambassador City hotel.

Near the Ambassador City hotel there is Botany Resort, right on the beach (one of the pics is from the bungalows veranda) and near a marina. In that price range (it was 1600B when I checked) you may see Russian tourists. When I inspected it, there were mostly west European families and retirees. If you have a car, much better.

Did not stay there but the place seemed reasonably nice (bungalows). The main building is pretty standard, like Jomtien Garden Palace but smaller. I think there is no lift.

I have only 3 pics handy now.

The brochure and pics on their site are outdated, the vegetation is much more lush after 10-15 years.

http://www.pattayabooking.org/botanybeachresort/

In one of the beach pictures from their site you can see high rise buildings further up the beach ....that's the Ambassador City hotel.

Also, the nearby Noong Noch tropical garden is a place where you can easily spend a whole day. It's a zoo as well. Great place for family day out.

post-7277-1194487454_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1194487466_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1194487476_thumb.jpg

Edited by think_too_mut

Hi & Thanks again!

I found this on Asiarooms.com and I believe this is the mentioned resort.

Pinnacle Jomtien Resort & Spa hotel Pattaya

37/2-11 Moo 2, Sukhumvit Rd, Najomtien, Sattahip, Pattaya 20250, Thailand

How far is approximately Pinnacle Resort from the Ambassador City Hotel. Let say I opted for a fresh morning walk. 10-20-30-45 min?

How much should I expect to pay the taxi? 20 minutes in Phuket means near 500, - Baht with a standard airport limousine. Is it a similar price range in Pattaya?

BTW, it’s not a holiday I go for so I guess I survive the construction work for a weekend, however I still like to stay at a decent place.

Regards.

Pinnacle should be at 10 to 20 min walk on the beach to Ambassador (never did it despite I am on this beach.....)

But you have to cross a little river.No problem if low tide but you will have water to your knees if high tide and then very difficult to enter in Ambassador at high tide only because...they built a wall ON the beach.TiT

Through Sukhumvit...a lot more time as Pinnacle is far from it.

Taxi from Utapao.Mr T will give you a quote by phone.