Joing The Married Club . - Info Please

Ta22

TaTa's....you already got 2 posters who gave you the Thai wedding advice you were looking for, so I'll just chime in with a big hug, and a heart-felt "Congratulations!". Don't listen to the naysayers- just go for it my man. Marriage is much like driving a Formula 1 racecar....objects hurtling past at high speed, the occasional fiery crash, but definitely an adrenaline high! :o

All the best, and we all hope we can see you soon; you have been sorely missed. :D

McG

The VERY BEST of luck to you TA22,

I got married 4 times :o

Every single time I thought it was the right one....... and they always were, nobody could talk me out of them..especially my current marriage, everyone thought I was crazy marrying a girl from half way round the world ...but its lasted longer than two marriages to "Farang" women :D

Some marriages last a lifetime , others last a lunchtime. :D

Let your heart rule, and enjoy the ride.

TP.

PS, if your future Wife joins Thai Visa will she be TA23?

PPS, I decided to throw in the towel in the UK and move to LOS within 8 weeks of meeting my Wife, you are not the only one who believes in Love at First Sight so let the naysayers do their worst

Edited by ThaiPauly

I knew Dan was "the one" within the first month...I was barely out of childhood and he twice divorced...but he finally realized we were made for each other. People said we were crazy (still do) but our magic is...magic, and undeniable. Make it the best relationship ever, and it will be! I scatter mental rosepetals on your marriage bed. Now I back out of the room.

:o

to keep the story short , i met a wonderful girl . about 18 days ago . and we are getting married soon

Go for it. I got married after dating for eight days, and I wasn't even in love! We've had sixteen years to fall in love, and are still falling.

There's a million reasons not to do it. Since you're in love, even if there are any red flags, you won't see them. Just be sure that you're not the type that, if things don't work out, will think it's the end of the world.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the great words and advice :o

today i would have know her for 20 days . and counting ..

i ask her to marry me on the 6th days . and she agree which i can't find word to explain why i do so ..

but she seem to be the one person i been waiting for ..

here is a few photo of us .. is also a way of me saying thanks to you'll for the blessing

she work for a large firm in bangkok . and i suspect she is a workaholic cos today i give her morning call at 6 :30 am

she knock off at 11:30 pm . - and asking me to give her morning clal at 5:30 am . so she can do more work whahaha

but all this i see as her good point and her bad point is really what i love . :D

Edited by Crow Boy
removal of photos

I knew Dan was "the one" within the first month...I was barely out of childhood and he twice divorced...but he finally realized we were made for each other. People said we were crazy (still do) but our magic is...magic, and undeniable. Make it the best relationship ever, and it will be! I scatter mental rosepetals on your marriage bed. Now I back out of the room.

You guys DO make a good team,

While you are here Dustoff and I (and our better halves) would love to hook up with you and Dan for a beer or two again.

We both agree that we enoy your company.

Pm me if you would like to.

TP

Thanks for all the great words and advice :o

today i would have know her for 20 days . and counting ..

i ask her to marry me on the 6th days . and she agree which i can't find word to explain why i do so ..

but she seem to be the one person i been waiting for ..

here is a few photo of us .. is also a way of me saying thanks to you'll for the blessing

she work for a large firm in bangkok . and i suspect she is a workaholic cos today i give her morning call at 6 :30 am

she knock off at 11:30 pm . - and asking me to give her morning clal at 5:30 am . so she can do more work whahaha

but all this i see as her good point and her bad point is really what i love . :D

TaTa - I removed the photos of you and your girlfriend because it concerns me that not everyone in this world will wish you and your lady the best. I have a very good friend who just recently had a photograph of he and his daughter used by someone else on the InterNet and would not wish that on anyone.

The Chiang Mai forum and Thai Visa to the main part is a community of people who exchange ideas and wish eachother the best but in every society there are some who will do others harm. I am sure that all of your friends in the CM forum wish you and your lady a very long and happy marriage together but as a friend and moderator I take a responsibility to protect you as well.

If anyone on the forum who is a friend of Ta22 wishes to see him and his beautiful girl please send him a PM.

regards

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa

just like a movie , you get to have a sneak preview whahhahahahha

for the luck few who had seen the photo :o i am please

for those who had not seen it ..

some day if we do meet up

you should be seeing me happily holding hand with her :D

and many thanks to crowboy for looking over me :D

i have arranged a date and should be going to her home town on 19th or 20th for a engagement event .

where the Elder and her parent would talk about the wedding date to be taken place

she is working in bangkok

i am back in chiangmai .

so sad that i can't be beside her .

i am going to suko thai for her relative wedding on 17th .

one of those days i would drop by tusker with her .

tusker is a great place .. i been there more then once myself

but i am a 100 baht 3 large beer person :D

whahaha so i seldom visit local bars :D

but never the less i have great time and smile the last time i visit it :D

make me miss adam :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ive gotta be honest here i find this post strange for a couple of reasons, while i hope it goes well for the OP i got to have my reservations..18 days of knowing someone and then getting married just aint right, yes there are a very selected few that love at first sight gets married and lives 'happily ever after' but it's just that a selected few...it's situations like this that makes the Falang marries a Thai seem like a joke to everyone..there is absolutely no way that after that short time, you know her well enough to warrant spending the rest of your live with that person and as someone said earlier it's just insecurity..

Clearly there is a few on this post that know the OP personally and its laughable that they are like 'Yeah congrats nice one' blah blah blah when what they should say is wow steady on wait a while..but the level headed secure people get branded naysayers!!!

I hate to say it but if i announced to my pals i was getting married after meeting someone 18 days..they would all start laughing at me and rightly so...

My advice... wait a while and see if it's 'true love' in 6-12 months then get married!!!

P.s Before anyone puts me down...yes im married...i waited 2 1/2 years....didn't cost anything bar the registration fee's

Clearly there is a few on this post that know the OP personally and its laughable that they are like 'Yeah congrats nice one' blah blah blah when what they should say is wow steady on wait a while..but the level headed secure people get branded naysayers!!!

I hate to say it but if i announced to my pals i was getting married after meeting someone 18 days..they would all start laughing at me and rightly so...

My advice... wait a while and see if it's 'true love' in 6-12 months then get married!!!

I think a lot of people feel like this, but when you are presented with what almost amounts to a fait accomplie, there is little one can do but give support and best wishes for the future.

Long periods between first meeting and deciding to tie the knot are frequently symptomatic of a relationship in trouble. Many marriage fails after only a few months when the parties were getting married to subconsciously "save a failing relationship."

I dont know how you highlight what you want to comment on so iv copy paste it if any can tell me thanks so..

"Long periods between first meeting and deciding to tie the knot are frequently symptomatic of a relationship in trouble "

"Many marriage fails after only a few months when the parties were getting married to subconsciously "save a failing relationship."

if this is off topic then sorry but come on its the norm is to meet fall in love get engaged get married which takes a long time and through that you end up knowing that this is the person you want to marry...its not the right to suggest that people who meet and get married after long period of time do this because they have are in trouble..its a shame to say but it seems that yet again its insecurity the only reason why people would rush though this type of commitment is because they cant believe they have "bagged" this good thus want to seal it to feed there self esteem..

Any level headed secure normal person would wait at least a minimum...

The sad fact is that ther is a lot of us(me included) that packed up and abanded ship because we ran way from something, whether it be financial, personal or whatever and that is displayed in levels of insecurity by doin this type of thing...

I stick by what i said originally 'good luck but wait'

wow. what can I say? I cant trivialize things, and I might not know personally the OP, but I beleive in the conviction that there are no wrong decisions as long as you can stand for it.Having said that, 18 days might not be a good statistics, but let the OP savor the grand time of his life, I can visualize his happiness and that's what matters anyway

Now speaking of Thai wedding , as I had been in that sitution 10 months ago in Phrae , Thailand as well, the only thing I remember is I decline the different flower colors to be put at the reception itself, and the grand entrance for picture taking with your photos on it, instead I politely insist for just white flowers .Having raised as a Christian in a predominantly catholic country, I have different take on that, we associate it with a funeral.And yeah, the wedding went well, very simple indeed and darn, it was fun especially kneeling and all those ceremonies that I just follow for the sake of finishing it, LOL.