Another Development On Jomtien Beach Road?

wpcoe

assume that the land that is being acquired for the road is part of the Common Area of the condo. What will happen to money that will be paid for it? Are the management company proposing a distrubution to co-owners?

:o:D:D:D:D

sorry just got up off the floor. no, no, its coming again

:bah::bah::o;):D

Edited by plasticpig

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About a week ago I noticed that the large open area on Jomtien Beach Road just south of the Jomtien Beach Condos was cleared. Then two days ago I noticed a tall, white plywood fence enclosing the area.

Any idea what's going to go in there? The rest of VT-7, perhaps? :o

Any up to date news on whats happening here?

assume that the land that is being acquired for the road is part of the Common Area of the condo. What will happen to money that will be paid for it? Are the management company proposing a distrubution to co-owners?

:o:D:D:D:D

:bah::bah::o;):D

Hi PP,

Just one question, are you actually a JBC co-owner?

BB

I live on the 17th floor ( of 18 ) and overlook the new site. Yes, my view will be affected but there's nothing I can do about that. The land has now been cleared twice in the last year, and there have been several visits by surveyors in the last two weeks. But, take a look along Jomtien Beach Road, and see how many other sites there are, and for how long they have stood there with no construction save a sales office.

As regards Second Road, the management here confirm it will be 6 lanes, well, 4 and 1 lane either side for parking. There are also discussions at the moment for a footbridge to link the A buildings to the S buildings so residents will not have to risk life and limb crossing Second Road. It was mentioned in last month's meeting about how people in wheelchairs will manage, and the Pattaya City engineers have suggested a crossing ( that's a joke, the only crossing anyone here has stopped at was during their driving test ). The arguement for such a large road was to put the highway infrastructure in place before the whole of Jomtien Beach Road becomes the same as Beach Road in Pattaya. It is proposed that Jomtien will be a concrete jungle over the next 10 years with every square meter of land already purchased by property developers. There is another huge marina planned too.......

More news will be posted regarding this building site as and when it happens

Edited by finnomick

:o

:D

Hi PP,

Just one question, are you actually a JBC co-owner?

BB

only one?

Was at one point.

sold it, me not like big motorway.

Should I have kept it for the split up of monies gained from the sale of the land for the said motorway. :D:D:D

Big bucks I bet? might get enough for a beer chang each. :bah:

Thank you very big.

:bah:

finnomick, thanks for the update.

Is your condo in the S1 building? If yes, is it in the front or back wing? My condo is in the back wing on floor 11. The view will be affected badly. Are the engineers already marking the buildings on the site?

Guys take a good look and a photo of your view along Jomtiem beach

the photo is so you can show people what, it was like a few years back.

All of the sea front is going to be developed, from 0m to 400m back.

And it will go as high as they can, to maximize the return on the cost of the land.

I would not be surprised if one or two of the big hotel chains, come and slap a few good hotels up, as Jomtiem needs them.( crap at present)

As for the need for a second road for Jomtiem, I think not.

The second road will not elevate the traffic problem, people will still jam the beach road up trying to park on the sea front, like they do now. (double parking)

Jomtien needs parking away from beach road

The Second road will only serve as a race track for the baht bus drivers. (or a car park)

Beach road needs to be made like pattaya beach road, little or no parking, then widen the road, this would let traffic flow as it does on pattaya beach road.

What do you all think beach road in Jomtiem will be like when the shopping complex opens and new hotels are built, plus more people coming to pattaya/ Jomtiem when the new road from Bangkok is finished.

I think Jomtiem will be a nightmare for traffic with or with out the second road.

Beach road is the problem and the answer to this at the same time.

Two more access roads to the sukhcumvit would be a good idea not a second road.

Just my op of the state of things to come in Jomtiem.

Baruto, PM some more details about your place, ill go to 375.000 :o

Edited by plasticpig

• 4 weeks later...

The signs have gone up next to JBC -- HVIDSTEN GROUP CO. LTD., whoever they are. There was a meeting there last saturday, 5.1.2008., where they had put up a gazeebo type structure, and laid on refreshments for the visiting nobs. Don't know why they put the big fence up all along Beach Road, because you can enter the site from the road at the back which is completely open. Having said that, at least it looks better than a lot of Beach Road. Also, as a complete u - turn, condo developers are now shunning condo's for sale on the south side of the building in favour of the Pattaya side ones. More info when it happens.........

The signs have gone up next to JBC -- HVIDSTEN GROUP CO. LTD., whoever they are. There was a meeting there last saturday, 5.1.2008., where they had put up a gazeebo type structure, and laid on refreshments for the visiting nobs. Don't know why they put the big fence up all along Beach Road, because you can enter the site from the road at the back which is completely open. Having said that, at least it looks better than a lot of Beach Road. Also, as a complete u - turn, condo developers are now shunning condo's for sale on the south side of the building in favour of the Pattaya side ones. More info when it happens.........

It's a Scandinavian project, shopping mall, luxury condos, hotel, etc, two towers one of which will be 60 floors and the other looks like 50.

The link has been posted before but I can not find it so here it is again The beach.

BB

>>Baruto, PM some more details about your place, ill go to 375.000 <<

I paid 400,000 baht for a Condo in JBC in Building A3 , 4 years ago .It was a shell and has no view ,its facing building A2 .Baruto will just laugh at you for offering 375 K .His Condo is worth a min of 900 K baht .

• 5 weeks later...
The Second road will only serve as a race track for the baht bus drivers. (or a car park)

Beach road needs to be made like pattaya beach road, little or no parking, then widen the road, this would let traffic flow as it does on Pattaya Beach Road.

Now you're the one with the jokes.

Traffic flows on PBR? Only like congealing tar.

375k for a condo without a view - and eighteen months of construction noise, followed by an infinity of traffic noise and pollution. I wouldn't take a condo in that area as a gift.

This week has seen two wooden structures built. One is a two-storey square building with a pitch roof and the other is a single storey structure which looks like 7 or 8 shop units. Judging by the way they are built, I do not think they are permanent ( but then this is Thailand, so they are probably there to stay ). There are also two pile-drivers close to the road. This morning also saw a ceremony which I am told is to inform the ' occupiers ' of the land what is happening. As this happened on the ground and I live on the 17th floor, I appealed to a higher authority to stop the building.....

Beach road needs to be made like pattaya beach road, little or no parking, then widen the road, this would let traffic flow as it does on Pattaya Beach Road.

Now you're the one with the jokes.

Traffic flows on PBR? Only like congealing tar.

375k for a condo without a view - and eighteen months of construction noise, followed by an infinity of traffic noise and pollution. I wouldn't take a condo in that area as a gift.

What about a two for one deal.

Buy one get one free. :D

Ok see you at the land office at 9 o’clock sharp.

No funny business with lawyers ok.

Bring the satang in un marked boxes (big ones).

Plus copies of all paper work since you were born.

translated into Thai.

So, you're back to a PP avatar.

9 0'clock which day? I am presently in Saudi. Will be going to Vietnam on another posting in a couple of weeks, stopping in at my wife's house (near the Land Office) while I arrange a visa.

The satang are currently in my daughter's piggy bank. She'll have to smash that to get at the readies. Have you any religious or ethnic objections to such an action?

Ok see you at the land office at 9 o'clock sharp.

No funny business with lawyers ok.

Bring the satang in un marked boxes (big ones).

Plus copies of all paper work since you were born.

translated into Thai.

So, you're back to a PP avatar.

9 0'clock which day? I am presently in Saudi. Will be going to Vietnam on another posting in a couple of weeks, stopping in at my wife's house (near the Land Office) while I arrange a visa.

The satang are currently in my daughter's piggy bank. She'll have to smash that to get at the readies. Have you any religious or ethnic objections to such an action?

None, just do the pig in a humane way. one blow only

Will lob in a new pig on the deal, to keep the tears at bay.

and you to refill.

• 1 month later...

The initial construction turned out to be a site office and workshop. The footings are now in place in four areas very close to the front of the site entrance and the steel reinforcing is being formed at the moment. That's about all for now.

• 6 months later...
How is the construction going?

Going ? ...its dead as a doh doh !Pleople in S1 ,2,3 JBC ,must be pleased though .They will now retain there sea view .

TF2, do you mean it's delayed, shelved or not going to happen,

I'm not out there until next month so would be interested to know....cheers....

Edited by lou62