How Do I Get From Udon Thani To Roi Et?

Cambodge1

Just walk across the road from the big Charoensri Grand Hotel in the center of town,

a few little travel agents there who will give you the options.

Naka.

YES in LOS we have travel agensies,,,,and almost every town have those little booths,,,dont know in Laos if they have any if you are not familiar with them already in your travels... :o

I am travelling overland to Isaan from Laos in late December. I'm staying a night in Udon Thani and then need to get to Roi Et. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to travel between these two towns. Bus, taxi or songthaew?

Cheers

Tony

The bus is cheap and there are many every day from Udon,with or without air-con,as said,200 meter from the Charoensri Hotel.

Don't understand why one should need a travel agent to buy a ticket! :o

A taxi is much more expensive,not much faster,but if you are going to some village outside RoiEt,perhaps worth the money.

Songthaew:not that I know.

On Wednesday morning, I happened to catch a Roi Et bus from Non Sa-at (halfway between Udon and Khon Kaen) to go to Khon Kaen.

It must have left Udon at 06:30.

I was glad that I wasn't going all the way to Roi Et on it, as it had definitely seen better days.

If I were you, I would check with Chan Tours. (They run the tall blue-and-white VIP buses.) Even if it means changing buses in Khon Kaen, you'll be in decently comfortable seats for both parts of the journey. There's a lot of difference between having a small oldish seat and a big newish one on a journey of that length.