Transfer Airport To Hotel

dsfbrit

We are coming to Koh Samui in the next couple of weeks, staying at Chaweng. We will be arriving at midday. Could someone please advise the cheapest way to get to the hotel.

I am not a 'cheap charlie' I am not trying to save the odd 100 baht or whatever, I just don't like being ripped off!!

Thanks for any advice

Edited by dsfbrit

We are coming to Koh Samui in the next couple of weeks, staying at Chaweng. We will be arriving at midday. Could someone please advise the cheapest way to get to the hotel.

I am not a 'cheap charlie' I am not trying to save the odd 100 baht or whatever, I just don't like being ripped off!!

Thanks for any advice

Mini bus from the airport. There is a desk in arrivals, buy your ticket from them. DO NOT GET A TAXI.

Thanks for any advice

There is a van service from the airport to any hotel on Chaweng. I don't recall the exact price but I think that it's somewhere around 100 or 150 baht per person. The van service is reliable, no games played and just as convenient as a taxi.

Have you already booked your hotel? In that case ask them if they do pick up in the airport. Most hotels and bookingagents organize transfer to/from airport for their costumers. Some of them for free even. Worth checking, if you booked already that is.

And you have the right attitude towards samui taxi. Dont use them.

Thanks for any advice

Airport minivan, buy 150 bath ticket inside terminal.

Pick up from hotel is always more expensive, unless you are in a group of 3-5 people.

-m

Thanks to all of you for the good advice.

I have sent emails to the hotel and to Samui Shuttle. If I don't use these then I will use the minivan and not the taxi!!!

Hope the bad weather has not caused you too many problems down there.

regards

dsfbrit

• 1 month later...
Try this service, very reliable and a fair price:

http://www.samuishuttle.com/

We did and I would recommend it to anyone.

I have had several trips to Koh Samui in the last month, firstly with friends and then on my own twice and have used this service for the last 2 trips.

Excellent, picked me up on time - 150 baht to Chaweng and back the same price and on time again as well.

Next trip on time again and a very early pick-up as well, got the 6 am flight from Bangkok on this trip so I was the only one on their mini bus.

I came back to the airport from Lamai and they only charged 200 baht.

The best prices I had from other companies were Chaweng/Airport = 300 baht and Lamai/Airport 400 baht.

So thanks for this advice.

Like I say - I am not a cheap charlie - I spent about 10 times this bus fare on tips for the hotel staff!! - I just don't like being ripped off by taxi drivers thats all!!

On Friday I was forced to get a taxi from Bo Phut to Ban Rak. Was expecting the usual arguments, but as soon as I stepped in I said "meter" and he said "no problem, it will come to about 60 baht". So I was very happy, got in, rode the 10 minutes to Bo Phut with him asking me how to say thank you for your custom in English. Arrived at the pier and the meter was 68 baht. I went to hand him 70 and he refused saying he had agreed to 60 baht and would stand by it. I said call it a tip whilst nearly fainting. As I stepped out he said "thank you for your custom" and smiled and waved. I know this is an exception but it just goes to show they are not all bad guys....

On Friday I was forced to get a taxi from Bo Phut to Ban Rak. Was expecting the usual arguments, but as soon as I stepped in I said "meter" and he said "no problem, it will come to about 60 baht". So I was very happy, got in, rode the 10 minutes to Bo Phut with him asking me how to say thank you for your custom in English. Arrived at the pier and the meter was 68 baht. I went to hand him 70 and he refused saying he had agreed to 60 baht and would stand by it. I said call it a tip whilst nearly fainting. As I stepped out he said "thank you for your custom" and smiled and waved. I know this is an exception but it just goes to show they are not all bad guys....

This must be a first for Samui. :o

This story is a hoax, otherwise I must admit that a Samui cab driver can have a normal human intelligence.

This story is a hoax, otherwise I must admit that a Samui cab driver can have a normal human intelligence.

Now you have put it that way, you must be right. Its a hoax.

Sorry OP. But it just too unbelievable.

Did you take his number?

I don't use Taxi's very often, but I'd like to have his number just incase. :o

Only place I experience this is Singapore. Still, taxis aside, I'd much rather be in Thailand. :o

If only this were the rule and not the exception. I live in Ban Rak and was approached by a taxi driver in front of 7-11 as I was walking. I told him I'm not going far, maybe 2 minutes by car and he insisted on 300 baht. Needless to say, I walked.

I OBJECT!!! This story is not a hoax, neither do I have a vested interest in bigging up taxi drivers, just think praise is due where it is deserved......

...must just be something about the way I flashed my big baby blues at him :o

Well you either must be extremely good looking

Or

You flashed more than your big baby blue eyes

Or

You offered to put your fist in his mouth

And speaking of fists in mouths where is MARK WOLFE I am worried sick

has he been vanquished and run away, or BANNED for having an opinion??

Did you take his number?

I don't use Taxi's very often, but I'd like to have his number just incase. :D

Wish I did, but no. I have come to the conclusion he was on his way back from the temple after making merit and decided that he shouldn't but a spanner in the Karmic works so soon. That and the fact I am Angelina Jolie's body double ( !!!! :o )

Yes they are cheeky so and sos for charging the stupid rates they so, but obviously people do pay these prices otherwise they wouldn't try and charge em (and just shrug when you laugh in their face and the sheer cheek). Think the thing is to educate the tourists, but unfortunately many Samui tourists have money to burn and don't see the rates as exhorbitant as we do. The fact is the Taxi drivers don't rely on locals for their living and even though must of us boycott them, that doesn't seem to make any difference to their business.

I OBJECT!!! This story is not a hoax, neither do I have a vested interest in bigging up taxi drivers, just think praise is due where it is deserved......

...must just be something about the way I flashed my big baby blues at him :o

Well you either must be extremely good looking

Or

You flashed more than your big baby blue eyes

Or

You offered to put your fist in his mouth

And speaking of fists in mouths where is MARK WOLFE I am worried sick

has he been vanquished and run away, or BANNED for having an opinion??

Nope. AFAIK, he hasn't. Everyone is allowed an opinion, just sometimes it helps to be civil when expressing it :D