Alternative To True High Speed Internet

Stef

I have been using True ADSL service for 3 years. The service is reasonnaby good is my area (Bangkok). My package is 512 Kb/s down and 256 up. I pay THB 750/month (THB 802.50 inc. VAT). I used to get about 850 Kb/s down until a few days ago but their promotion (+ 256 Kb/s free) is now finished.

I feel I could get better speeds from other ISPs. Has anybody changed of ISP recently and doesn't regret it?

Stef

I have been using True ADSL service for 3 years. The service is reasonnaby good is my area (Bangkok). My package is 512 Kb/s down and 256 up. I pay THB 750/month (THB 802.50 inc. VAT). I used to get about 850 Kb/s down until a few days ago but their promotion (+ 256 Kb/s free) is now finished.

I feel I could get better speeds from other ISPs. Has anybody changed of ISP recently and doesn't regret it?

Stef

Hi Stef,

I don't think that you'll get better Service with an other ISP. True is quite good on public/private accounts. But if you would like to pay a bit more you should check with CAT for the SHDSL Service with is quite dedicated because there is just a 1 to 5 sharing. You can get the info via office at Cheang Wattana Road:

Internet Services Center, CAT Telecom Plc.

Tel. 66 2237 4300 - 1, 66 2614-2270

CAT CONTACT Center Tel. 1322 / 66 2614 1000 (throughout 24 hrs.)

Why don't you upgrade your True package? It's possible to do so via their website, you should get a lot more bandwidth for your money when you did three years ago.

If you have True phone line I doubt they'd allow you use any other ADSL provider.

Re. Cat - isn't it telling that the ISP doesn't have a website itself and you need to call or go in person?

Why don't you upgrade your True package? It's possible to do so via their website, you should get a lot more bandwidth for your money when you did three years ago.

If you have True phone line I doubt they'd allow you use any other ADSL provider.

Re. Cat - isn't it telling that the ISP doesn't have a website itself and you need to call or go in person?

No, on TRUE Lines you can use TRUE only!

Regarding CAT you'll need to call or go there, no info on Web!

Very True :o

If your phone is true, they have a so called All together bonus. In that you can have a 1Mbit/256kb net connection for 599+VAT.

I have the same for myself.

your 750 should buy you maybe 1.5Mbit. if I remember correct, then True contract is for a min. period of 6 month, so you are long over that and shouldnt have problem to change it to the better offer.

No, on TRUE Lines you can use TRUE (ADSL) only!

How can that be legal ? :D

In most countries you can't impose one Operator on one Network,

it's forbidden by "good concurrence rules".

What if the ADSL service is very bad ? You have to open a new phone line ?? :o

No, on TRUE Lines you can use TRUE (ADSL) only!

How can that be legal ? :D

In most countries you can't impose one Operator on one Network,

it's forbidden by "good concurrence rules".

What if the ADSL service is very bad ? You have to open a new phone line ?? :D

Welcome to Thailand............ where (near) monopoly stitch-ups still rule OK. :o

Hi :o

Been there, done that - upgraded mine from the same 512/256 750 Baht/month to "TRUE Super Highspeed", 1.5M/512K for the same price. Was done over the phone with TRUE call center and working within two days.

DL i get close to the advertised 1.5M meanwhile (had problems in the beginning), but UL i get max. around 350K.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Im quite happy with Ture home service.

Pay around 800THB for 1.5Mb connection and it is fast enough.

Way better than the other ISPs, and i have tried all throughout my time here.

The secret is, with their poor aftersales service to get the name of a contact there who speaks pretty good English and only deal with them. They get a commission for any new contacts, so if you refer a friend and call them about it, you get even better service from them!