Obtaining New Passport For Australians, What Is The Procedure?

Smithson

My Old passport is full, so I need a new one. Does anyone know the procedure and how long it takes? The old passport is intact, but has no pages left.

What documentation do I need? This is tricky for me as I've been here 14 years and don't have much. I've misplaced my Australian driving license, I may be able to find it but this is the only photo ID I have.

My Old passport is full, so I need a new one. Does anyone know the procedure and how long it takes? The old passport is intact, but has no pages left.

What documentation do I need? This is tricky for me as I've been here 14 years and don't have much. I've misplaced my Australian driving license, I may be able to find it but this is the only photo ID I have.

Don't worry; the procedure is fairly straightforward. I guess you will have to go to the Aust Consulate in BKK.

https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Forms/Pass...Passport_0.aspx has the form you need to lodge.

I, (british passport holder) posted my old,full passport to the british consulate in bkk with the correct filled out form for passport renewal,printed off of the british embassy website,with photos,& the fee,with extra for the return postage by ems.As such didnt need to visit the embassy.

No problems & the staff were very helpful even though it took nearly 2 weeks.Got the passport on the day my visa ran out.

Not sure about oz,but maybe you could do the same???

There is no consulate in CM, it closed last year. You have to go to the Embassy in BKK, sign a couple of forms, pay some money and its all done. Passport takes a couple of weeks but they will post it to your home if you ask nicely.

Make sure you have the correct photos, they are very picky that they are the correct size.

No problemo, its just the trip to Bangkok which as usual is a PITA!!

Rather than guessing, here is a simple answer, go to Embassy, they'll give you form etc to fill out, they'll tell you what you need. The link given is good, take that material suggested with you.

Lodge application, takes 10 days repeat, 10 days.

I've done this TWICE now as recent as last year, so that's resonably up to date and faster it seems than in Australia.

CTO