New Tesco "store?"

monsieurhappy

I don't think anyone has mentioned this before, sorry if they have. Just off Sukhumvit Rd. between Soi Siam Country Club and Soi Nung Plabwan, behind the Nom Chai electrics store, there is a new building with the Tesco sign on it. It doesn't appear to be open yet and it doesn't look like a typical "supermarket."

Anyone know what it's going to be and when it opens?

We really need a "good" supermarket on the east of Suk. rd. ( NO! I'm not saying Tesco is good! ) but I don't think this is the right location. There used to be talk of a shopping mall and supermarket on the site of the old Wanasin Farm, what happened to that. With so much new building work along soi Siam CC. I'm sure a new "Foodland" or such would be a paying proposition! :o

This is a Tesco Lotus Express. A much smaller version of the Tesco Lotus Chain. Good for picking up small items such as laundry soaps and softeners. I've been in these Tesco Express stores before, and really not good for major grocery shopping. Does not carry everythinjg a full size Tesco carries.

Barry

We really need a "good" supermarket on the east of Suk. rd. ( NO! I'm not saying Tesco is good! ) but I don't think this is the right location. There used to be talk of a shopping mall and supermarket on the site of the old Wanasin Farm, what happened to that. With so much new building work along soi Siam CC

Indeed I drove past "the" protest the other night, mostly local shop keepers complaining about the impact to their varible or inflated pricing. We can only hope the Tesco Express will be 24 hour and has a big enough car park. If you look at the Tesco stores dotted around the country they are ALL busy with car parks full of locals that are not happy being tied to the smaller "family" outlets. The only problem with this location is the localised traffic bottle necks during the morning/evening rush hours, but I welcome it as I am likely to drive past everyday.

As for being East of The Suk. suits us fine, quieter and less traffic.