Review Of Boonthavorn New Mega Store In Pattaya

Weho

I went to the brand new BOONTHAVORN store, on Sukumvit, beach side of road, between Pattaya Klang ("central"), and Pattaya Naklua ("north") Road... It's a nice store, well-staffed... but honestly, I don't think they sell much stuff that you can't already get at Homeworks, HomePro, Kam Phong (sp.?) et al.

One of the reasons I wanted to see the store was because I had heard that they were the distributor in Thailand for those toilet seats that automatically wash your rectum. In cold countries, they sell the very expensive electric ones, that heat the water... but in this part of the world, no need to heat the water, so there is a much cheaper version... it's called the ECO-washer, not sure if the brand is Cotto or Toto... but sure enough, there it was, at BOONTHAVORN, on the second floor... they were charging something like 20,000 baht, but you can be the seat by itself, for about 5,000 baht, and it will fit on many toilets, so no need to buy the toilet with the rectum-washing seat. Of course, if you eat a lot of fiber, you probably don't need that toilet seat, but i'm sort of paranoid...

Well, the point is, this new store was nice, but I'm not sure if we can't already get most of what they stock, here in lovely Pattaya... I would guess their faucets were on the high-end side...

They have a little food place in there for light snacks and beverages... I'm not certain, but I think I saw a bunch of "day laborers" sitting in the parking lot, so if you need some people to install your tile, seems like you can just get there right there... they may be illegal Lao workers, so hire at your own risk.

From a customer service standpoint, they did quite well... when I was exiting, I needed to get a baht bus, and it was POURING quite heavily... and without hesitation, some umbrella dude came from out of nowhere, and waited with me until the baht bus arrived.

I was only there about 20 minutes. I know they have multiple locations in/around Bangkok.

In case I wasn't clear, the store sells bathroom, kitchen fixtures/appliances, tiles, jacuzzi type tubs, showers, cleaning supplies, some hardware, some home storage items, etc.

I remind readers, again... be sure to eat enough fiber... you'll thank me one day...

I went to the brand new BOONTHAVORN store, on Sukumvit, beach side of road, between Pattaya Klang ("central"), and Pattaya Naklua ("north") Road... It's a nice store, well-staffed... but honestly, I don't think they sell much stuff that you can't already get at Homeworks, HomePro, Kam Phong (sp.?) et al.

One of the reasons I wanted to see the store was because I had heard that they were the distributor in Thailand for those toilet seats that automatically wash your rectum. In cold countries, they sell the very expensive electric ones, that heat the water... but in this part of the world, no need to heat the water, so there is a much cheaper version... it's called the ECO-washer, not sure if the brand is Cotto or Toto... but sure enough, there it was, at BOONTHAVORN, on the second floor... they were charging something like 20,000 baht, but you can be the seat by itself, for about 5,000 baht, and it will fit on many toilets, so no need to buy the toilet with the rectum-washing seat. Of course, if you eat a lot of fiber, you probably don't need that toilet seat, but i'm sort of paranoid...

Well, the point is, this new store was nice, but I'm not sure if we can't already get most of what they stock, here in lovely Pattaya... I would guess their faucets were on the high-end side...

They have a little food place in there for light snacks and beverages... I'm not certain, but I think I saw a bunch of "day laborers" sitting in the parking lot, so if you need some people to install your tile, seems like you can just get there right there... they may be illegal Lao workers, so hire at your own risk.

From a customer service standpoint, they did quite well... when I was exiting, I needed to get a baht bus, and it was POURING quite heavily... and without hesitation, some umbrella dude came from out of nowhere, and waited with me until the baht bus arrived.

I was only there about 20 minutes. I know they have multiple locations in/around Bangkok.

In case I wasn't clear, the store sells bathroom, kitchen fixtures/appliances, tiles, jacuzzi type tubs, showers, cleaning supplies, some hardware, some home storage items, etc.

I remind readers, again... be sure to eat enough fiber... you'll thank me one day...

I popped into Boothavorn last week, very impressed, they have multiple locations in & around BKK, there prices & access to items are much quicker & cheaper than the local shops in Pattaya, I asked about some floor tiles in one of the home mart a couple of weeks ago, they said no stock 7 to 10 days for ordering, asked the same thing in Boothavorn, they said next day, they are nothing special just Cotto Thai made tiles

Oooh.....Ouch....sorry just flicked my hair

Nice store, good quality items, but the shop itself is not yet fully finished, maybe still need a few weeks.

But they have very nice bathrooms on 2nd floor. If you look for quality stuff, this store is the place to go.

Nice store, good quality items, but the shop itself is not yet fully finished, maybe still need a few weeks.

But they have very nice bathrooms on 2nd floor. If you look for quality stuff, this store is the place to go.

Are you referring to the public restrooms, or are you referring to the bathroom displays up there?

Sort or reminds me of that English comedian, I think his name is Dom Joly, who used to have some show called "Trigger Happy T.V.", which was excellent... and in one "bit", he went into a bathroom fixture store, presumably in London, (U.K.), where they had a display toilet in their street facing display window, and he proceeded to pull his pants down, and sit on the toilet, as if he was about to, let's see, how can I put this delicately.... hummmmmm.... as if he was about to.... ummmm... "crown"?

Went there tonight, same panasonic light switch that i looked at at homepro was 10 baht more, quiet a bit when the item is only 60baht, many items were more expensive than othe stores, so far I have found homeworks to be the best on majoritory of prices and have good service most of the time, at kanyong I asked them to look up an item that had not come in for me but they couldnt, some lame excuse as the orders have to be looked after by the person who put it in the computer and no one else can help!

Regardless of price, unless they have some idea of stock control, it will be just ANOTHER place to check off the list when you find yourself in need of a certain replacement light fitting, faucet, tile or whatever. For example, you see something at Home(enter entity here) and think 'I will remember that when the one at home wears/burns out.' A month later, said item wears/burns out and off you go to the store noted earlier and guess what? It's either 'out of stock' or worse still nobody has a clue that they ever had one in stock before and can't get it.

Then you head to Home(enter entity here), fail to find what you need but you do see something else and think 'I will remember that.... (repeat ad nauseum).

Edited by NanLaew

Are you referring to the public restrooms, or are you referring to the bathroom displays up there?

Sort or reminds me of that English comedian, I think his name is Dom Joly, who used to have some show called "Trigger Happy T.V.", which was excellent... and in one "bit", he went into a bathroom fixture store, presumably in London, (U.K.), where they had a display toilet in their street facing display window, and he proceeded to pull his pants down, and sit on the toilet, as if he was about to, let's see, how can I put this delicately.... hummmmmm.... as if he was about to.... ummmm... "crown"?

Yawn. The crew from Jackass did a real #2 in a store ... the owner wasn't pleased :o

PS. Anyone know where I can find a SMALL (~50W) 220>110 VAC converter. Amorn and HomePro have big 300W and bigger transformers but they are too clunky.

PPS. Why is the ROFL smiley called CHEESY?

Edited by Phil Conners

PS. Anyone know where I can find a SMALL (~50W) 220>110 VAC converter. Amorn and HomePro have big 300W and bigger transformers but they are too clunky.

Amorn had loads of them last month as I bought 3 of the buggers. They were all sold out within 2 weeks so another case of poor stock checking and y'all having to check back regularly.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as small converters are concerned I have found small ones at the electrical / repair parts/ cum everything store in the basement of Tukcom. It is down the stairs as you enter the front door. The converters are on the far left wall when you get to the bottom of the stairs.

LSM