90 Day Visa

I want to return to Thailand in November to take a TEFL copurse and maybe teach English. I am in the USA and would like to know where and how to get the much talked about 90 day re-entry visa? Do I apply at the Thai Embassy or can I get one on arrival? I am flying in on EVA airlines and did not use a travel agent.

Cheers!

You do not obtain visa in Thailand. Nor will you likely be able to obtain such a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy or official Consulates. A multi entry O non-immigrant visa valid for one year (90 days per entry) is probably what you are talking about and is normally only available to those with valid reasons for travel (such as family visits/marriage) but you could talk with an honorary Consulate about your study plans and perhaps they could issue. You do have a degree (for teaching licence)?

It depends on where you live.

Check out Thailand's Missions on the internet.

Or look in local Yellow pages for your country.

Generally Honorary Consuls are a little more liberal in their interpretation of the visa rules.

I think you qualifications will be sufficient for a teaching post over here.

There is a desperate need for good English teachers.

Why do you want to do the TEFL class here?

The instructors may well be better quailfied in your own country.

Edited by astral

Thanks for the info!  Where do I find a 'honorary consulate' and how is it different from a regular consulate?

I do have a 4 year degree and teaching experience however, I am not a certified teacher.

Again, thanks!

The below page lists the honorary consulates in the USA (third try) :o

http://www.thaiembdc.org/directry/direc_e.htm#perm_ny

Why do you want to do the TEFL class here?

The instructors may well be better quailfied in your own country.

It's much less expensive to take a course in Thailand than the USA. They also offer credit from a good American University. The school I'm considering is on the beach in Ban Phe which sounds nicer than Seattle in the winter!

Since I will be going over to Thailand without a job, the business or teaching visa seems out of the question. What visa should I attempt to obtain?