O And B Visas Together

I live in Phuket with a one year 'O' visa because of my marriage to Thai.

I want to set up a web company that deals with selling web development software,

probably no business will be done in Thailand.

In this case, must I employ 4 Thais etc.

May I keep the 'O' visa to live here on or will I have to change to a 'B' visa to get a work permit?

Bit confused.

Cheers,

Dotty

If you have a valid one-year extended entry permit based on ClassO status, and support of a Thai spouse, then you can get a work permit for any legal Thai employer who can withhold personal income tax from your salary.

You can get a work permit on a Class O visa (that is my status), and that work permit will expire not later than the expiration date of your entry permit.

Only Immigration cares about Thai employees, capitalziation level, and your salary - and then, only if you are seeking an entry permit extension based upon employment. That is not your status, so don't worry about it.

Based on situation you describe, you could most likely operate fron your home without any formal status here. Your Class O extension gives you hassle-free residence here. As long as you are not doing business with Thai clients or vendors, you are not really on the radar screen here. Bring in money from overseas to keep your Class O status healthy - and saty out of trouble>

Good Luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com