Sick Note Culture To End!

coldcrush

Hiya All,

watched the news today and it reminded me of people in LOS. So many people in the LOS are on Sickness benefit from the UK...all that is now about to end!

Living it up on peoples hard paid taxes is coming to an end. BBC is reporting that 50% of all claimants will lose their right to benefit.

Any thoughts on this one, as I for one have met countless people from the UK living in Thailand on benefits?

<br />it's about time the UK tightened the disablity and welfare rules but I'll believe it when I see it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

90% of the unemployed switched from unemployment benefit to sickness when they tightened up on this one amazingly unemployment figures fell form 3 to 1 milion!!. Now you can work in a crap job and they will just give you extra money anyway, income support or something depends what this weeks trendy name is? Im sure there will be a way round this all for the cunning.

Living it up on peoples hard paid taxes is coming to an end.

Not other people's taxes - other people's wages.

They only become 'Other people's taxes when the government convinces people that they have the right to other people's wages'

Getting rid of the Sick-Note Culture would be a good move - but its fast being replace by money spent to garner the Welfare Vote.