Bmw / Merc Engine Upgrades?

dazzab

BM / Merc owners:

Anybody tried an engine management upgrade as advertised by VRA motors in the Post, Motoring Section?

I wondered if there were any reliabilty issues or other dramas after the upgrade?

Anyone really happy with the work done?

I'm not willing to try until I find out if they REALLY know what they are doing.

Cheers

BM / Merc owners:

Anybody tried an engine management upgrade as advertised by VRA motors in the Post, Motoring Section?

I wondered if there were any reliabilty issues or other dramas after the upgrade?

Anyone really happy with the work done?

I'm not willing to try until I find out if they REALLY know what they are doing.

Cheers

If you mean those guys at Viphavadee than yes! You can trust them. They have done my boss car (BMW). Went there with her when picking the BMW up! Lots of very expensive cars around and all materials are imported

I actually had a shady experience with them.....very unprofessional and lack of customer service is the only thing I could comment...

What did you upgrade?

I got an exhaust upgrade.

I see. Normally that should be go together with other upgrade to fully work? I am not sure. My boss had her BMW upgraded, the full job for Baht 180000.- Took them 7 days to do it! Went up from HP 193 to 285. The thing flies now.. no complaints so far.. Just engine upgrade though.

I'm starting to think that maybe I should convert my 93 BMW 3-series to LPG. I guess BMW doesn't recommend it any more than they recommend putting gasohol in my M42, but can it be done here in Thailand? What would it cost?

I need to find out how easy it is to fill up a LPG tank around the country.

I've searched a bit but haven't found any definitive evidence that it can't be done even if it is discouraged. I hate filling the trunk with the tank, but it might be the best compromise between trying to sell and running ethanol or 91.

UC