2nd Tourist Visa Application- 12 Months Possible?

hello again!

Back again with a small quiestion- If when my girlfriend applies for a 2nd uk tourist visa, would it be at all possible to this time apply and receive a 12 month visa? This is as I am now studying in UK and would much rather her fly out and visit me than vice versa! It would make things a lt easier as I've got a fair bit of work to get through and can't see myself doing it over in Thailand.

Also, has the forums layout changed at all? as when I open a topic I just get a list of who has replied in a menu. you then have to click on that and the next reply opens up.

cheers!

fred :o

I don't know what you expect from a 12-month visit visa, FF, but it wouldn't allow your g/f to stay in the UK for a year: she could still remain only for a maximum of six months in any one visit. Additionally, even though in theory she could spend six months in the UK, embark to France for the day, and then seek another six months, the reality is that she could then face being refused entry by the immigration officer upon arrival.

Scouse.

hi scouse,

we are after a year's visa so she can have multiple visits for a year. these wont even total 6 months in all, its just when i have time off that she would visit. I suppose 6 month visa would do if she states her intention of multiple visits to uk. Basically, we don't want to be restricted to one visit. What would be the best way to apply?

Thankyou,

fred

Edited by farmerfred

hi scouse,

we are after a year's visa so she can have multiple visits for a year. these wont even total 6 months in all, its just when i have time off that she would visit. I suppose 6 month visa would do if she states her intention of multiple visits to uk. Basically, we don't want to be restricted to one visit. What would be the best way to apply?

Thankyou,

fred

It's a bit of a lottery whether you would get a 1 year visa after just 1 visit and if you applied and they reduced it to a 6 months you would not get a refund of any fee. The fee would be B14,400 compared to B4536 for a 6 month so it is not even an economical prospect.

Best you apply for a 6 month this time, state your intentions to make multiple short visits and provided she demonstrates she honoured her intentions then you could consider a 2 year visa the next time stating the same reasons.