Diesel Sedans

Upcountry

I guess not. :o

I thought maybe a VW or some other car of some year range might be out there that I hadn't heard of. Maybe if this thread had been started in the General area someone outside the motoring forum might have some input.

I know my problem is getting boring to the folks in the Thailand Motoring Forum. :D

I guess not. :o

I thought maybe a VW or some other car of some year range might be out there that I hadn't heard of. Maybe if this thread had been started in the General area someone outside the motoring forum might have some input.

I know my problem is getting boring to the folks in the Thailand Motoring Forum. :D

Upcountry, I don't mind helping anyone with vehicle questions as motors/ vehicles are my passion, but you ask the same questions twice to my answers read my posts.

The nexT best diesels are BMW 6 cylinder ones fron the 90/s that are non common rail, and will burn bio fuels, a lot of small diesel engines under 2.5 litre are just rattle pots, but there again the v w/s are not bad.

There is no point to buying a motor that is rare to T/land and you will have a job to get parts for if it breaks down !

I can supply you with a merc c 250 turbodiesel year 1997 100, 000 miles F SH 2 owners price £5000 delivered southampton docks ! Yourself to pay for shipping/ import duty !

Now does that make sense............... NO ALL THIS ECO STUFF IS NON SENSE ! you will try do do your bit to save Los, and the planet, while the Chinese, Indians as they get richer, polluting more and more will destroy a million times over + what you are trying to save ! and they are never going to listen !

They are doing it a different way here in uk, just Tax the hel_l out of us, we without doubt are the most persecuted motorists on gods earth !

If your gonna live forever, invest in a horse or a donkey !

Upcountry, I don't mind helping anyone with vehicle questions as motors/ vehicles are my passion, but you ask the same questions twice to my answers read my posts.

Didn't want to hassle you with a PM or follow-up to your post on my Diesel Merc thread. You seemed to imply, that, in the end, the only diesel Merc option was an old 300. So, I thought I'd take a fresh shot at finding other alternatives.

The nexT best diesels are BMW 6 cylinder ones fron the 90/s that are non common rail, and will burn bio fuels, a lot of small diesel engines under 2.5 litre are just rattle pots, but there again the v w/s are not bad.

Now that's interesting. What years? I didn't know 'BM sold diesels, at least in Thailand, other than maybe the very newest offerings.

I also have not heard of diesel VW's here. It would be good if they were available. For that matter, I'm sad I can't get a Golf here, gas or diesel.

There is no point to buying a motor that is rare to T/land and you will have a job to get parts for if it breaks down !

Point 'grokked' entirely. Part of the point of my threads.

I can supply you with a merc c 250 turbodiesel year 1997 100, 000 miles F SH 2 owners price £5000 delivered southampton docks ! Yourself to pay for shipping/ import duty !

Now that is interesting. I didn't know you were in the UK. Can you make a case for the import of such a car? Seems like tricky proposition, especially if getting parts might be an issue.

........... NO ALL THIS ECO STUFF IS NON SENSE ! you will try do do your bit to save Los, and the planet, while the Chinese, Indians as they get richer, polluting more and more will destroy a million times over + what you are trying to save ! and they are never going to listen !

They are doing it a different way here in uk, just Tax the hel_l out of us, we without doubt are the most persecuted motorists on gods earth !

If your gonna live forever, invest in a horse or a donkey !

I think this part belongs in another thread, my friend. I'm thinking now of getting a good mountain bike in Bangkok, with paniers (the side bags you see long distance bicycle riders use) for my visits to the store. That would be true bio-fuel, and natural air conditioning too. :o

But I'll still miss my Bimmer!

Edited by Upcountry

Thanks, dominique355,

I've heard do of this. Price is a bit steep for me though. I am glad the FORD seems to have gotten past the "fix or repair daily" reputation they earned a few years ago. The Focus seems like a good car.

UC

Edited by Upcountry