Samorprong Village - Where?

Herbs

• 1 month later...

I live in Samorphong Village (your spelling may be more correct but my mail arrives!) and you are correct that it is about 3km north of the centre of Hua Hin, and inland slightly. If you know the area, there is a relatively new road, about 15 months old, that runs parallel with the main road (Petchkasem Road), alongside a drainage ditch/canal-many people refer to this as the Canal Road, and at the southern end is the Pae Mai driving range;if you are driving from there, you will go through one set of traffic lights, and then on the left, on the other side of the canal, you will pass two wooden boats that are being turned into a restaurant (apparently). You will have passed about 3 bridges on your left over the water at this point (after the traffic lights);at the bridge after the boats, and shortly after a petrol station on the right, you will see two towers (water towers) on your left-that is the bridge to take for Samorphong, and immediately over the bridge you can either go straight on or take a right fork-both lead into the area, depending where you want to go. The right fork leads towards Tippawan, which is a housing development, and straight on leads to Hua Hin mountain Vill amongst others. If you were able to drive straight towards the sea and the main road you would be roughly opposite the Palace, so in that respect it is 'near' the Palace. There aren't any online maps that I know of which cover the area, so I can't help you there, however all the motorbike taxi drivers in Hua Hin know 'Ban Samorphong' so if you are here it only costs 40 baht (one way) and 10-15 minutes to take one of them from the centre of Hua Hin. I hope that is of some help.

• 4 years later...