Cm Auto Show/expo

jimmym40

I heard there may be an auto show in Chiang Mai 1-10 /Dec.

Can anyone confirm this? Where is it held?

I was thinking of going to the Bangkok auto expo 29 Nov - 10 Dec, but not now if there will be one here in Chiang Mai.

Confirmed - by a very short piece in 'The Nation' a few days ago. So short they didn't say where it would be held, dammit. Can anyone help out there? (Your dates are correct).

I was told today that the auto show will be at the Big C complex, the new area that is currently being constructed, the Big C on super highway at the intersection of the airport road. Again, not sure if this is accurate. Was told this by one of the personnel selling the cars inside the Big C itself. He said if the construction isn't completed by then, it will take place in the parking lot.

We'll just have to wait and see. I did take a drive out by the 700 sports complex, and no luck, no signs or banners there.

You might be disappointed by the show, if you can find it. I've seen a couple of "motor shows" in CM, one at Carrefour and one at Kad Suan Kaew. Both consisted of some mostly unremarkable cars parked around inside or in front---nothing exotic or unusual unfortunately. Certainly nothing like the Bangkok show. Maybe this one will be better, if we're lucky. Neil

I was just hoping that they have for show the any new models that supposed to be coming out. i.e. the new Honda Accord, restyled Jazz, and especially the new Toyota Altis. I know the new Altis made its debut in Las Vegas back in Oct, but not sure when the Asian model will be available here. It's difficult to impossible to find out any valid information from any of these dealers in town.

Well, just a few more days to "wait and see". I may have to run down to Bangkok after all.

Not really that interested in any "exoitc" models, but if they are there, I'll certainly look.

I heard there may be an auto show in Chiang Mai 1-10 /Dec.

Can anyone confirm this? Where is it held?

I was thinking of going to the Bangkok auto expo 29 Nov - 10 Dec, but not now if there will be one here in Chiang Mai.

been today, its at old big c on super highway. don't waste your time going. went all the way round and looked at all th 25 cars there in less than 10 minutes. only 1 fit girl also

Also agree with above post. A waste of time unless you are actually going to buy a car. Nothing really spectacular on the carpet. I was there just before 5 p.m. and there even were not any of the "show girls" there.

There is no new Accord, actually no Accord at all, no new Altis, no Hyundai's or Chevy. Not many participants at all.

It's a JOKE. Can't see the show in existence for 10 days. 3 days would have been plenty.