Krathongs With Foam Bases For Sale At Carrefour

steverino

Went shopping at 10 pm last night to Carrefour Suka Saam, Ramkamhaeng Road, saw some nice Krathongs for sale at the Bakery section, but alas they had foam bases! I thought these stores had a conscience re. environmental issues, even selling Environmentally friendly shopping bags etc now.

Has anybody seen any of the others selling Them? (Tesco Lotus, Macro, Foodland, Big C etc)

I had the impression these guy's were trying to set a good example!

Yes, yesterday - SHOCK! at Tesco/Lotus Chaweng/Ko Samui PLASTIC BASES!

Horrific!

Last year I remember there was the discussion about the styro-foam and plastic bases are "easier" to be collected then the Banana-Trunk ones... heavens knows...!

We stick to natural ingredients only!

Edited by Samuian

Went shopping at 10 pm last night to Carrefour Suka Saam, Ramkamhaeng Road, saw some nice Krathongs for sale at the Bakery section, but alas they had foam bases! I thought these stores had a conscience re. environmental issues, even selling Environmentally friendly shopping bags etc now.

Has anybody seen any of the others selling Them? (Tesco Lotus, Macro, Foodland, Big C etc)

I bought this nice Krathong bread from Carrefour Rama IV.

I bought this nice Krathong bread from Carrefour Rama IV.

Does it have to be toasted in order to float?

What do you expect from a company which comes from a country which thinks it's ok to explode nuclear bombs in someone else's back yard and then murders innocent people who bother to protest about it. Haven't bought a French product since then, despite how much I like those little convertible Peugeots.