Starting A Business

To start up or buy a Restaurant, do I need to go in with a Thai partner or can I go it alone?
Depends on your nationality. Even if you would need to have Thai partners, several strategies to protect your interests so you are in control.
How much money (monthly) do you need to live comfortably?

Depends... I have a 50,000 Baht salary per month and live well. Others spend that in a night. Some foreigners however can live in Bangkok on 25,000 Baht per month, just depends on your lifestyle.

Greg Lange

Managing Director

Sunbelt Asia Co., Ltd

www.sunbeltasia.com

To start up or buy a Restaurant, do I need to go in with a Thai partner or can I go it alone?

Depends on your nationality. Even if you would need to have Thai partners, several strategies to protect your interests so you are in control.

How much money (monthly) do you need to live comfortably?
Depends... I have a 50,000 Baht salary per month and live well. Others spend that in a night. Some foreigners however can live in Bangkok on 25,000 Baht per month, just depends on your lifestyle.

Greg Lange

Managing Director

Sunbelt Asia Co., Ltd

www.sunbeltasia.com

50,000 bt is pretty low, I am surprised you can live on that low here in Bangkok. Maybe 10 years ago, OK but today ?

Give yourself a pay raise ?

Pay raise, huh? I might just do that :o

I do have stock so always looking forward to collecting higher dividends. But to be frank, a little money goes a long way here. When I'm in the States, forget about it! Money seems to be like water! I can spend more in two hours than three months in Thailand.

www.sunbeltasia.com