Thai Mobile

fastphil

I'm living in the UK and I have a Thai girlfriend livimg in Petchaboon, she has recently lost her mobile phone and I want to buy her a new phone, I'd like it to be delivered to her home, I want it to be a big surprise, the only place I can find Thai mobiles for sale online is a site called Thai soup, but they have a very limited choice and the mobiles there are a bit overpriced! Does anyone know of a Thai internet site where I can buy a mobile and have it delivered to Petchaboon? Any advice would be greatly appriciated!!

I'm living in the UK and I have a Thai girlfriend livimg in Petchaboon, she has recently lost her mobile phone and I want to buy her a new phone, I'd like it to be delivered to her home, I want it to be a big surprise, the only place I can find Thai mobiles for sale online is a site called Thai soup, but they have a very limited choice and the mobiles there are a bit overpriced! Does anyone know of a Thai internet site where I can buy a mobile and have it delivered to Petchaboon? Any advice would be greatly appriciated!!

Why don,t you buy one in the UK? They are generally cheaper. Or look on Ebay?

Then post to Thailand by EMS.

Why don,t you buy one in the UK? They are generally cheaper. Or look on Ebay?

Then post to Thailand by EMS.

Samsung will only provide a free guarantee service for phones purchased from authorised Thai dealers (with Thai keyboards). Other phones may be subject to an an additional repair cost (1000 baht?) (based on my understanding of a notice in Thai at the Samsung service centre).

They are pretty cheap these days so best to get reliable new one somehow.

Mobiles that are bought in the UK don't work with Thai text, I use a unlocked UK mobile in Thialand with a Thai sim card (True move) and everytime I receive a text in Thai my mobile locks up and the only way I can get it going again is to remove the battery! Mobiles bought in the UK will only work with european languages!

Edited by fastphil

No, jetsetbkk, her sick buffaow didn't fall on it, her mobile was in her pocket when she had a motorbike accident and when she woke up in hospital the next day her mobile was missing!

Mugopp, many thanks for the info, I bought a mobile from the tohome site yesterday and It'll be delivered to her tomorrow!

Mobiles that are bought in the UK don't work with Thai text, I use a unlocked UK mobile in Thialand with a Thai sim card (True move) and everytime I receive a text in Thai my mobile locks up and the only way I can get it going again is to remove the battery! Mobiles bought in the UK will only work with european languages!

Excellent point. I always use a local (cheap) mobile while in Th, but was going to bring over my own for next year (Sony) and use a local sim card. Anyone else had Phil's problem?

No, jetsetbkk, her sick buffalo didn't fall on it, her mobile was in her pocket when she had a motorbike accident and when she woke up in hospital the next day her mobile was missing!

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope she's being straight with you.