Satellite Service In Pattaya

Trollster

I have an 8 foot dish on the roof of my condo. I was away for 6 months and I guess the wind etc has put it out of position. I tried adjusting it myself but no luck in getting any reception. I am pointed to Agila KU and the dish still looks to be in perfect condition. Does anyone have a positive experience with any local satellite service companies. I am looking for someone who is reputable and honest - am I asking too much - lol. Looking forward to replies.

if we have problems we phone ubc and they send someone, sounds like you have somthing different?, cant you ring who ever installed it or look on the equipment for a sticker or if it was already in, try nakula rd lots of tv shops etc in that area!

good luck

Thanks but unfortunately it is not from a big company but a smaller outfit that no longer exists. I have used a Bangkok satellite service company before with mixed results. I am looking for a local tech who can do the adjustments for me with some sort of tech savvy. I will drive around Naklua to see if I spot anything.

There used to be a Mr Kim who did very good installations, but I have lost contact with him over the years. I also have a large (inoperative) satellite dish in my garden that I would like to bring back to life, so anyone with any local knowledge of installers/repairers (NOT providers), please step forward.

I have searched the back pages, but much of what I remember from years gone by seems to have disappeared or been put into other fora.

• 1 year later...

Yes agreed that Mr Kim is OK. He fitted my 8 foot dish (it may be 10 foot - its big anyway) - 5 years ago and had had to come and fix it a few times since then. They always come pretty much when they say they will and are not expensive.

They have moved from Naklu to the Sukhumvit - opposite Tesco. My wife has the telephone number on her mobile and she is away at the moment, but if you need to, PM me and I will ask her to find the number.

I may even go and see him today myself. The satellite has stopped rotating (again!!) and I need to get it fixed.

PSA satellite on Sukhumvit road just north of Siam Country Club on the East side of Sukhumvit will reposition your dish for you, at a reasonable price. I have used them before, and I used them to take my dish down and pack it as I moved to Korat. The same company here in Korat reinstalled my satellite. I also receive agila KU, but I have a motor on mine where I can move the dish remotely.

Barry

I have used Mr kim PSA on Sukhumvit across from Tesco once, they were good at fixing things on My dish & was ok price wise but as soon as you wanted parts for your dish he is a rip off he tried to sell me 2 new lnbs a ku band one for 2500 baht and a c-band one for 1500 baht when I got them both of the net in Bangkok, the Ku band one for 850 baht and the C band one for 280 baht + postage so watch out for the rip off prices for parts.

Regards

Scotsman