Set Up 12 Call Sim For Gprs

Likeki

I have a 1 2 Call Thai SIM in a Sony W810i phone that I have had for about 2 years. I would now like to set it up for a data connection to my laptop via my USB cable. What do I need to do? Do I need a different SIM card? Specifically what number will the phone dial to connect to the data network? Any other info would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Rich

Call 12call and select the promotion you want-- I didn't have to set anything up with my phone --12call inputted all the data--but give them a call, and talk to an operator, if you feel concerned that it won't work

It's: *99***2#

Since you have a sony, go to the sony ericsson web page and there is a tool there to help set up your phone. Also subscribe to a web package with 1-2 call, you can do that from your phone once its set up for 1-2 call.

I have used them for 2 months, so if you need more help, PM me

Call Advanced Info Service (AIS) on 1175

They will set up an account for GPRS/EDGE for you and (probably)

downlad an SMS which will configure your phone automatically.

Alternate is to visit a Telewiz shop.

I have a Nokia which connects transparently via Nokia PC Suite on my PC.

Naka.

Think what your after is *138 that allows you to select the package you want i.e 50 hours for 200 baht per month or whatever you want.

Edit..........once you have selected your package then the dial up number is as Gimbo posted for connection

Edited by thaiflyer1

Call Advanced Info Service (AIS) on 1175

They will set up an account for GPRS/EDGE for you and (probably)

downlad an SMS which will configure your phone automatically.

Alternate is to visit a Telewiz shop.

I have a Nokia which connects transparently via Nokia PC Suite on my PC.

Naka.

Same as mine. Good system. No numbers to call etc, just hit the connect button on PC Suite.

I've used *99# for years, leave the username and password blank as these are verified by CPID. AFAIK DTAC uses the same string.

It's probably easiest to ring One-2-Call directly, 1175 from your mobile, press 2 for an English-speaking CSR, and they can set you up with a monthly recurring plan. Without a plan you'll be paying 1 baht/min.

I have a 1 2 Call Thai SIM in a Sony W810i phone that I have had for about 2 years. I would now like to set it up for a data connection to my laptop via my USB cable. What do I need to do? Do I need a different SIM card? Specifically what number will the phone dial to connect to the data network? Any other info would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Rich

*99***1# easiest way with mobile phone is via bluetooth,if usb cable u will need to set up the modem configuration,in that case u should call 1175 give them ur email address they will send u pdf file how to do,also u need set up for ur mobile phone if u didnt get it yet