Mazda Bt-50 Hi-racer

jayenram

I was in the Mazda garage to have my truck serviced and I noticed they have brought out a "new" BT-50 model similar to the Toyota Prerunner, i.e. 2 wheel drive but the same chassis/body as the 4 x 4.

The engine is smaller than the Toyota with a 2,500 cc turbo and it has the Mazda/Ford type "4 door" configuration. Overall it looked quite good for a quoted price (without discount) of bht 590,000.00.

Has anyone any experience of this model (good and/or bad)?

post-123-1196129387_thumb.jpg

I was in the Mazda garage to have my truck serviced and I noticed they have brought out a "new" BT-50 model similar to the Toyota Prerunner, i.e. 2 wheel drive but the same chassis/body as the 4 x 4.

The engine is smaller than the Toyota with a 2,500 cc turbo and it has the Mazda/Ford type "4 door" configuration. Overall it looked quite good for a quoted price (without discount) of bht 590,000.00.

HI Jayenram

My mate (who also lives local to us) has a new BT-50. Been in it many times and seems a good car for the money,drives well and is comfortable. He says same but adds a proviso that If he had more money he would go for a Vigo. He may be just saying that to me cos I'm 'stumping up' the cash for said alternative (extra 30% in top!!) :o

My mate (who also lives local to us) has a new BT-50. Been in it many times and seems a good car for the money,drives well and is comfortable. He says same but adds a proviso that If he had more money he would go for a Vigo. He may be just saying that to me cos I'm 'stumping up' the cash for said alternative (extra 30% in top!!) :o

The main reason that I was asking is that I've had a Mazda Fighter 4x4 2,500 turbo for the last 7+ years (100,000 km) and had virtually no problems (not of my own making) with it. But it is getting a bit long in the tooth so I was contemplating changing it. Shelling out an extra 30% (?) for a Vigo is against my Yorkshire nature.

I was looking at the same model only yesterday at the car fair in Khon Kaen ,,, the price was just over 630,000

HI again jayenram

I test drove a '3' yesterday and see that the Surin dealer has got a Hi-rider round the back for test-drives. You may want to try it out. Its near to home and I see them showing off a new white one outside dealership. That looks good

Dave

HI again jayenram

I test drove a '3' yesterday and see that the Surin dealer has got a Hi-rider round the back for test-drives. You may want to try it out. Its near to home and I see them showing off a new white one outside dealership. That looks good

Dave

I was offered a test drive in it when I was there. I was tempted but I realised that if I did, I'd find out how much smoother and quieter it is than my old bone-shaker. Then I'd really be tempted.

[i was offered a test drive in it when I was there. I was tempted but I realised that if I did, I'd find out how much smoother and quieter it is than my old bone-shaker. Then I'd really be tempted.

Hi Jayenram

That the whole idea of a test drive! :o Im the same, I drive home from the dealers in my old Issan Rolls Royce feeling poor. :D:D

BTW Dont expect a discount !

Edited by Dave the Dude