Pancakes.. Found Them

buddhafly

little home bakery restaurant has them as good as ive had in the states. real good and cheap.

How much does it cost?

:D

Arm and a leg......aside, I am eating great pancakes now (and sage sausage) at McD's in China........really good, no joke. I wonder if McD's in Thailand is finally serving it. Probably not because farangs want it. :o:D Happy Holidays............ :D :D

• 8 months later...

I love a good pancake for breakfast, and have definitely missed good ones here in Thailand.

Regarding the recommendations above, yes, Little Home Bakery makes decent pancakes, a bit thin in depth, but well prepared and good taste. Nothing fancy.. But very cheap, about 60 baht or so per order, depending on your choice of various available toppings. Locations in the basement of Silom Complex, in Chong Nonsi and on Soi Thong Lor.

However, I can now add and recommend another maybe even better (though not cheaper) alternative: Bourbon Street Restaurant in Washington Square, just off Suk Soi 22. They have an all-day breakfast menu, and the other day, we sampled their two pancakes and bacon offering.

Although the breakfast was somewhere in the 150 to 200 baht range, the pancakes were very tasty...a bit thicker in depth, a bit bigger around, and very moist and tasty, and served with a bottle of Log Cabin syrup. For the price, I definitely could have eaten more than two pancakes....but... what can you do.... The pancakes came with two slices of very good, crispy-cooked American style bacon, or you can choose other breakfast meats.

So, rather than go light, I combined the pancakes and bacon with Bourbon Street's four eggs breakfast, which comes with your choice of breakfast meat, a pre-formed hash browns patty and a couple of slices of toast. Together with the pancakes, it made an excellent, though not cheap, American breakfast.

For a really hearty, satisfying American breakfast, the combo of the two is a great choice, if price isn't a consideration. Both breakfast choices also included your choice of breakfast beverage (coffee, tea, or juice). But if you're on a budget and/or not a big eater, then Little Home Bakery makes a nice, satisfying alternative.

At least on the menu, Bourbon Street doesn't offer any toppings choices for their pancakes unlike Little Home Bakery, where the menu gives you various flavor/toppings choices. But both place's pancakes are good enough to stand on their own, with just a bit of syrup and butter.

If Bourbon Street was REALLY serious about their breakfasts, they'd add a new menu item with eggs, meat AND pancakes, either in addition to the potatoes choice, or as an alternative in place of potatoes. Anyone listening out there???

post-53787-1220457136_thumb.jpg

If Bourbon Street was REALLY serious about their breakfasts, they'd add a new menu item with eggs, meat AND pancakes, either in addition to the potatoes choice, or as an alternative in place of potatoes. Anyone listening out there???

I TOTALLY agree. Right now you have to order a whole meal for either choice and can not have pancakes with eggs and bacon for a reasonable price.

• 4 weeks later...

At Bistro Eurogourmet & chefsxp

post-30681-1222766547_thumb.png

post-30681-1222766521_thumb.png

a 3 (free range) Egg & Cheese (real Gouda) Omelette + 4 rashes of crispy American style Bacon + 2 Breakfast sausages + 1 large American Pancake with Maple Syrup and Butter + 3 slices of toasted baguette on the side + Butter - all for only B 195.00 at the Bistro or chefsxp

We do not add sugar to the pancake which is why it is not dark brown but the flavor is great and if one wishes to sweeten it, there is the syrup

Edited by JohnBKKK