Help! Our Bikes Were Vandalized!

Rudy47

Update: We returned the bikes. The owner wanted 3000 for repairs. I told her I knew someone who would do it for 2000. Being high season, she wanted the bike as soon as possible so she settled for 2000 and the rest is history.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were given the advice to visit the Platinum shop on 3rd road across from Xzyte disco and were given a fair price just over 2000 which was better than Mityon's 3550. Thank you for all your suggestions and to Bobby at Platinum Motorbikes 3rd Road. Now we must hope the shop doesn't recognize the damage done on return.

Phyllis Stone

So- just to be clear - you paid "just over 2000" THB to the repair shop, and then a further 2000 to the owner when you returned th motorcycles?

What concerns me most is the fact, that posters here think that there are special parking spots for motorbike taxi's: THAT'S NOT THE CASE!!!!

Of course the drivers try to claim the best spots, but there is no spot assigned for them!! If you park your bike on a spot, claimed by a motorbike taxi driver, than that's his problem.

You only have to take care the legal matters such as: red-white and yellow-white markings.

Law is law and practice is practice. I would recommend anybody not to start an argument about this with the motocyc taxi drivers. L

eave them their place, why should you worry about?

What concerns me most is the fact, that posters here think that there are special parking spots for motorbike taxi's: THAT'S NOT THE CASE!!!!

Of course the drivers try to claim the best spots, but there is no spot assigned for them!! If you park your bike on a spot, claimed by a motorbike taxi driver, than that's his problem. You only have to take care the legal matters such as: red-white and yellow-white markings.

Law is law and practice is practice. I would recommend anybody not to start an argument about this with the motocyc taxi drivers. L

eave them their place, why should you worry about?

I'd love to be around when moo9 returns for his bike to see whose problem it is.

As mentioned the op was only in Thailand for a few weeks and maybe he has been in his own country for sometime now. So why keep posting reply's to his tread.

This tread is dead. (DEAD TREAD). Urgent advice needed (time sensitive)

If you don't like it you can always do the "funky chicken dance".

It works for me!

post-55332-1199368273.gif

Edited by phukethovercraft

As mentioned the op was only in Thailand for a few weeks and maybe he has been in his own country for sometime now. So why keep posting reply's to his tread.

This tread is dead. (DEAD TREAD). Urgent advice needed (time sensitive)

If you don't like it you can always do the "funky chicken dance".

It works for me!

Give it a break Mr. Chicken Dance. You've been on the forum for less than a month and you've already decided to become some kind of pseudo-moderator.

Often old threads introduce ideas which other people want to comment on, such is the nature of Internet forums.

If you need interesting threads, try starting some yourself.

That is what this forum is all about mate, people giving there opinions. My opinion was not aimed at anyone in particular.

So if you want a slagging match be my guessed. Even new members can air there opinions, I did not know you had to be on a waiting list. If you want to read some of my threads jump over to the Phuket forum. I am sure that they are better reading then the winging ones you post.

See ya :o

Edited by phukethovercraft

Update: We returned the bikes. The owner wanted 3000 for repairs. I told her I knew someone who would do it for 2000. Being high season, she wanted the bike as soon as possible so she settled for 2000 and the rest is history.

Well done. Nice to see a good ending and that all bike rentals are not crooks. :o

Actually most that I have used have been very service minded and helpful but I guess there may be a few bad ones out there.