Songkhla Hotels

Tatler

There is a very nice hotel next to the beach, its right next to the golf course, can not remeber the name, I think it was something like JB but ask VTR1000 he knows... Or ask me next time i see you, i might remeber then...

It's very easy to find but I do think that you are a bit late on the booking... New years is a popular time for Thais to go to a hotel (if you know what I mean)

The Pavillion is pretty good. Centre of town, more or less and a couple of bars just around the corner. A few cheaper places in the area but it's Chrimbo so why scrimp?

Not a great deal to do once you've walked on the beach and been to the zoo though - that's why the bars are there! :o

Enjoy.

There's a nice Dutch-owned guest-house opposite the museum in town, called, appropriately enough, the Amsterdam Guest-House. It's cheap but you have to share rooms.

With the bombs going off in Bangkok last New Year, I would rather go to Koh Lanta/Krabi or similar, methinks, than be around Songhkla for Hogmany.

And as mentioned, there ain't a lot to do in Songhkla apart from the temple on the hill, a couple of museums and Samila beach - might get a little boring...

There's a nice Dutch-owned guest-house opposite the museum in town, called, appropriately enough, the Amsterdam Guest-House.

I think Paula, the former owner, sold part of the place for apartments... but it's still open... nice place for animal lovers - cats, dogs, birds... kinda noisy at night.

I stayed a couple times at the Crown Royal(?)... good location, good price, rooms OK.

With the bombs going off in Bangkok last New Year, I would rather go to Koh Lanta/Krabi or similar, methinks, than be around Songhkla for Hogmany.

????????? <deleted> does that have to do with anything???

And as mentioned, there ain't a lot to do in Songhkla apart from the temple on the hill, a couple of museums and Samila beach - might get a little boring...

Some folks get bored wherever they are... just boring people I guess - no imagination... or constantly wanting to be "entertained"?

Try Ko Yo... a great place to wander and waste a whole day - best if you have your own transport though.

If you have wheels... take the short ferry ride and head north up the coast... a few options for day trips there.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies :o:D but i think i'll give Songkhla a miss this year, sounds like a boring place for the elderly (not for me) will head of to Koh Lanta or somewhere with a bit of life in it. Cheers

Try Hat Yai, party for sure, rent a car the days or for a week a lot to see.

There are some threads about Hat Yai in this forums and what to do there...

BTW, Hat Yai has recovered quite a lot from the "exil" after last years bombings. shops are full of customers, malays and singaporeans are also back, bars and clubs are crowded...