Western Dance - Done By Thai's

Savage

Just my opinion, when Thai's do their own forms of dancing and styles of music they do a sterling effort and can contribute with the best of world music & dance. When they imitate Western dancing and pop music etc they are basically talentless planks of wood! I wish they would try to develop their own styles in a contemporary way rather than reproducing Western style in the worst possible way.

Over a few months about ten years ago I regularly went along to a ball room dance that was held at weekends in the Phet hotel (Kampangphet).

It was also one of the last of the 'Taxi Dances' so I caught the back end of a bit of Thai history.

The evenings where fabulous fun. Thais of all ages from youngsters to couples in their 60s enjoying that terrible western dancing.

Not the grinning manikins of the international ball room dancing scene, but people turned out in their best dancing clothes having a great time.

Thanks for prompting me to remember a fond memory.

Just my opinion, when Thai's do their own forms of dancing and styles of music they do a sterling effort and can contribute with the best of world music & dance. When they imitate Western dancing and pop music etc they are basically talentless planks of wood! I wish they would try to develop their own styles in a contemporary way rather than reproducing Western style in the worst possible way.

Seems to me they already have found their own style, based upon the western style.

Just like the fashion (Korean/Thai, Japanese/Thai, American/Thai style, etc).

More or less what we find in all the rest of the countries in the world.

We tend to immitate another style the best we can, but end up with our own way to do it.

Western people good dancers???? Thats news to me, at all the clubs I been to in Thailand the Thai's totally win in this department.

Why does that surprise you?

The young Thais dancing and the geriatric farangs rocking in their zimmer frames.

• 2 weeks later...
Well my Salsa teacher is an excellent dancer and teacher, the Thai people and other Asians who go to the Salsa clubs here in Bangkok could put many a Latino to shame on the dance floor.

Querría usted bailar conmigo?

Chloe Dance salsa with me ? :o

Well my Salsa teacher is an excellent dancer and teacher, the Thai people and other Asians who go to the Salsa clubs here in Bangkok could put many a Latino to shame on the dance floor.

Querría usted bailar conmigo?

Chloe Dance salsa with me ? :o

la espera y ve