Uk Man Wanting To Study In Thailand....

ethan1

Hello everybody

Ive recently fallen in love with thailand and would now like to study a degree in psychology here. I have been searching the internet high and low and sent a few emais to universities and colleges for advice and not really coming up with much. Im from the Uk and dont have too much of an education from home. After I left school I did not go to college and was wondering if anyone knows if Thailand has the equivaent of an access course onto a degree in psychology or something of that nature or a college?? Can anybody help???

Thankyou

Ethan

Foreign students can attend university in Thailand but they are usually quaslified to get in with A-Levels, IB etc

I doubt Thailand would accept an access course from the UK though - nowt wrong with them though as thats how i got in for my undergrad, have a post-grad too now and am taking an MBA while working currently.

If I was you I would do the under-grad thing back home - is Psychology the only degree you want to study - what about smething that might give you a year at a Thai uni as part of the course?

SOAS, Leeds and Hull are three that come to mind - I know one guy living in Bangkok now did a year from a British Uni at Chiang Mai and it got him a good position in Thailand

Do not give up and its never too late to start - you can make up the career time but also take time to enjoy what you are doing

Good luck - the walls are only there to make you work harder to achieve what you really want to do!

Cheers for the encouragement guys, a bit dissapointed but the backup plan is to do the degree in oz, think its alot easier to study over there, dont really want to go back to England for as long as possible now!

Got a bit of time to kill here while Im here now, anyone have any ideas on studying meditation here??

Thanks