Unshaven Males Look Scruffy

peter991

Because I do not live in Thailand full-time, I probably notice things expats do not notice. One thing I did notice last week was the number of unshaven males in Bangkok travelling on the Skytrain. By comparison, it appears Thai ladies pay special attention to their appearance.

A large number of Thai males with wispy facial hair and unshaven farangs with two or more days' growth. While the farangs looked like they were tourists, I consider a daily shave essential - even on holidays. As a tourist, I consider myself an ambassador for my country and I try to look clean and tidy at all times.

Am I too critical or should some males pay more attention to their appearance?

Peter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unshaven is probably best if you are taking up home on an island by yourself, but if you have the shaving tools, I'm thinking smooth "like a baby's butt" might be preferred by the opposite sex. My girlfriend HATES road rash! :o Just a sidebar.....don't those going on the bald side of life seem to have more facial hair and pony tails? :D

I have to shave every day at work so when i am in LOS I like to go a few days in between shaves. if I look scruffy well then i guess I look scruffy, too bad for those that are offended by my scruffy appearance but in flip flops and shorts a little facial hair isn't the end of the world!

Because I do not live in Thailand full-time, I probably notice things expats do not notice. One thing I did notice last week was the number of unshaven males in Bangkok travelling on the Skytrain. By comparison, it appears Thai ladies pay special attention to their appearance.

A large number of Thai males with wispy facial hair and unshaven farangs with two or more days' growth. While the farangs looked like they were tourists, I consider a daily shave essential - even on holidays. As a tourist, I consider myself an ambassador for my country and I try to look clean and tidy at all times.

Am I too critical or should some males pay more attention to their appearance?

Peter

Since I recieved my discharge from the Army in 1969, I have cared little for shaving everyday. I do it as often as I feel like it. once twice three four five or no times a week. I just don't give a rats butt.

I have a <deleted> machu that I do keep trimmed to usually no longer than 3 inches below my chin, but sometimes I let it go longer. I don't care what men do with their facial hair, but I admit its a turnoff to see those ladies with mustaches. Get some wax ladies. :o

One of the girls at work said Hollywood strip is the in thing now days

Anyone know what she meant?

That is the landing strip or, small happy trail.

Yes, for the most part I do not like brown cars, and as an ambasor for my home country, I prefer the Honda Wave 125, loaded with electric start.

Anything less would be an insult to my country.

I haven't shaved for over 40 years, I keep my beard trimmed (and my head) with a once a week No. 1.

Does that make me unshaven and therefore scruffy or bearded and possibly cool?

I tell you what though, over the years I've saved a fortune in razorblades.

I have to shave every day at work so when i am in LOS I like to go a few days in between shaves. if I look scruffy well then i guess I look scruffy, too bad for those that are offended by my scruffy appearance but in flip flops and shorts a little facial hair isn't the end of the world!

Same here - I might go one day while on holiday and even two at a very big stretch.

both head and face :D

Like you say its not the end of the world - I am not going to shave at all this weekend as I am just lazing around the condo with a trip to each of th supermarkets about a 100 metres from me the only time I am stepping outised - I am sure even Singapore does not have alaw against that one :o

If thats all the OP feels offended by or something he thinks is such high priority he need to vent about it here then good luck to him - he must have a good life!

Hate shaving and Hyundai's but my ex girlfriend and current squeeze both go gaga at a 3 day growth. lets not forget that Thai guys are facially follically challenged

Yeah - same with chest hair too but back hair often brings our the expression, "King Kong".

PS: is the OP in favour of body hair or not - I think we should be told as he has made it his business to comment on the personal appearance of others.

Maybe we should insist on women wearing very short skirts on the BTS?

Just depends on the guys. I definitely don't like a full beard but some guys look really hot with the goatee thing going on.

But did you say this’s on the skytrain? Most thai guys on the skytrain would be going or from work. In this case I don’t think it’s professional to have the all out look, it's just like a woman wearing a mini skirt to a business meeting with new clients... may be attractive, yes, …. professional, no.

But still nothing worst than seeing unshaven nearly bald old farang who looks like a haunted house prop! Yike!!

If thats all the OP feels offended by or something he thinks is such high priority he need to vent about it here then good luck to him - he must have a good life!

Just wait until he discovers people in shorts, wearing a yellow t-shirt with flip-flops on their feet and a gold ammulaet around their neck, walking hand in in hand with a lady from Isaan at the Emporium! :D:o

Just wait until he discovers people in shorts, wearing a yellow t-shirt with flip-flops on their feet and a gold ammulaet around their neck, walking hand in in hand with a lady from Isaan at the Emporium! :D:o

leave me alone :D

Well apart from the yellow shirt have you seen me at the Emporium? :bah::bah:

Obviously you can not see my amulet but then not many do - its kept well away :o

Thing is though this is pretty standard weekend uniform for expats (and Singaporeans)here in Singapore where I work - I will go to upmarket malls and shops here in Singapore and no-one will bat an eyelid so doing the same in Thailand is par for the course if I feel like it - other times I will dress up but thats up to me and <deleted> to anyone else ;)

I reckon they should check peoples watches at the door to the Emporium - anything less than an Omega and you are out - any battery operated <deleted> and you are out :D:D:D - or not as the case may be

The money is the same colour is it not?

This reminds me of discussions on a certain Thai nightlife board that is currently trying to re-position itself. They used to have long threads on how to dress in go go bar's and what the girls preferred - <deleted> - they prefer money you bampots

Edited by Prakanong

Not sure what a gold ammulet is, but this could me you're describing. Shoot, I didn't know I was being laughed at.

agreed.. disgraceful behaviour !

any self respecting yellow t shirt/flip flop/gold ammulet and shorts wearing dude with an Isaanette on hand knows full well that Siam Paragon is the place to go...

Maybe the OP, who as a tourist, considers himself an "Ambassador for his country" should go to Khao San Rd and environs, and have a word with the experiments in facial hair that might be seen loafing around at any given time...?

Me might adopt some sort of Drill Sargeant manner, and bark a few commands to people who consider juggling as a viable occupation...? Sorted, then. :o

The case of the disappearing minge!

At first my post said...

"I'm sorry I misread the title...i thought it said "minges"".....but it disappeared!

Do think a moderator has shaved it off?

Is this a fetish?

Is it acceptable to have a minge shaving moderator?